“Okay Kayla, so before you came down we were just talking about choosing the venue for your wedding but your mum said we needed the consent of you and your husband.”

“How big is this wedding going to be exactly?” I asked with a confused look.

“Oh honey,its gonna be the biggest wedding of the year.” Liv said with a small laugh.

I was pretty sure if I was drinking something, I would’ve choked on it.

“What do you mean biggest wedding of the year?” I asked with wide eyes.

“Yes honey, you’re not only marrying my son but you’re also marrying the companies together. It has to be the talk of the town.” She said with a smile and I just stared at her.

“Um–I think I’ll be talking for myself and Jason when I say that we don’t need a big wedding for our marriage.”

“Oh nonsense honey.” My mum interrupted, “the wedding has to be big considering the status of your dad and Jason’s dad.”

I sighed tiredly knowing I wasn’t gonna win this. Then an idea popped into my head. Maybe Jason could help me convince them.

“You know what? Why don’t you guys talk about this and I go see Jason to know what he thinks about this?”

The mention of me going to see Jason made them smile like kids who just got presents for Christmas and I didn’t even wanna know what they were thinking.

"Um–do you know where he is?" I asked his mum.

"He's at the office honey."she answered with a knowing smile and I just rolled my eyes with a small smile.

I muttered a quick goodbye to Tammy and went out the door. I hadn’t exactly been to their company before so I decided to call a taxi so I wouldn’t get lost.

The taxi arrived about five minutes after and the ride to his office was less than thirty minutes. That was when I realized that his office wasn’t far from mine and I was just finding out. I am such a responsible wife. 

Note the sarcasm.

I got down in front of the office and paid the taxi driver and just stared at the building in awe.

It was a huge building of about eighty floors and was made of black glass which made me wonder what would happen if someone threw a stone. The whole building would probably collapse.

I entered into the building but not without greeting the guards who just stared at me blankly. No surprise there since their boss was like that.

Immediately I got in, I was greeted by the stares of different people. Some stared so much I almost considered slapping them because of how rude it looked while some just stared discreetly but I still saw them.

I walked up to the receptionist who just ignored my presence.

“Hello.” I greeted her and she answered me without even looking up. I saw her name plate which read Hannah Evans.

She had light brown hair which was packed in a low bun and black eyes with high cheek bones. She was wearing a white shirt which was showing a lot of cleavage that began to make me wonder if it was appropriate in the work environment.

“I’m here to see Jason Anderson.” I said getting pissed that she was ignoring me.

“Who are you and do you have an appointment with him?” She asked without raising her head and I wondered what was so fascinating about the computer that she didn’t bother looking at me.