11. Making love out of nothing at all

Start from the beginning

I was just putting the chicken with the vegetables in the oven as FP was breaking the eggs for dessert, when the door rang. "I'll go." FP said and walked to the front door. "Sierra? What can I do for you?" "Eh, I expected Alice actually, I have news regarding her license for the Register." "She's in the kitchen, come in." Sierra walked into the kitchen followed by FP. "Sierra? Hi, I didn't expect you to be here." I said surprised. "Well I didn't expect FP to be here so I guess we were both surprised." "Oh, we're just talking about the homecoming tonight. We're apparently chaperoning together tonight. Thought it would be the perfect timing to catch up." I lied and smiled. "Do you want anything to drink?" Sierra looked suspiciously but then sighed. "A glass of water if fine." She took a seat and I planted the glass in front of her while sitting down across the table. FP went to check on the chicken in the kitchen and to continue with the dessert. "So to what do I owe this pleasure?" I asked her while drinking from my glass of water. "As I told you, the license will be ready in January but if you want you can already start furnishing the Register. These are the papers you need to sign to prove you got the key and accept that you can't use the press already until the license is in." She gave me the papers and after I read and signed them, she handed me the key. "Alright, I'll let you know when the license is ready. I'll see you tonight at the homecoming of our kids." "Wait, Betty told me something about Josie and the Pussycats performing, that doesn't happen to be your daughter Josie?" Sierra nodded beamingly. "That's my daughter, Alice. Though she got her vocals from Miles, that's for sure. Anyway, I'll see you both then." As I let her out I saw Charles getting out of Tom's car. "Tom, could I drive with you perhaps, I gave my chauffeur the day off but I forgot that walking back in these heels might not be my brightest idea yet." Sierra asked as Charles walked towards the house. "Sure, hop in. Bye Charles! I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Alice!" Tom waved as Sierra shut the door of his car and they drove off. "Hi sweetheart, how was today's shift?" I gave him a kiss before closing the door. "I'm honestly not as tired as usually. It was a heavy morning but the rest of the day was pretty calm. We had to arrest some drunk teens and a vandal but that was about it. Is FP here already? I saw his motor cycle outside." FP walked out of the kitchen as he heard his name. "Hey Charles, I hope you're hungry because your mom made food for the ten." "She tends to make too much a lot." They both started laughing and I rolled my eyes. "You better keep your mouths shut or you two won't be any of those ten people." I walked into the kitchen and took the chicken out of the oven. They were trying to surpress their laughs and even though I didn't want to I cracked a smile. My two boys, I couldn't believe that we were finally together again. This is how my life could've looked like if I hadn't broken up with FP, if I hadn't  lied to everyone. I sighed and took a deep breath. Anyway it's too late for self pity now and what mattered now is that I had my true love back and my son knew his real dad. I put the chicken on the table and they both almost immediately attacked which made me laugh.

During dinner we talked a lot about our lives when we were in high school, our relationship, what had changed in Riverdale and what hadn't ... It was nice to talk about all the memories and the whole thing felt as if we were a real family. Charles seemd really interested. After dinner Charles and FP did the dishes as I went upstairs to get ready for the Homecoming. After a proper shower, which I needed since FP occupied me during the earlier one, I walked to my room and search for an outfit. After I while I found an outfit. I got changed and I put my hair up in a loose bun with some locks hanging along my face. I did my make up and after some parfum I decided I was ready.

 I did my make up and after some parfum I decided I was ready