Prologue

It was cold, dark, wet wherever Kyle moved his hands. He touched the ridged floor--feeling every bump and sharp rock and cut in the pavement. "Where am I?" He asked trying to adjust to the darkness. He could make out a faint light from the end of the dark hallway. A torch, he thought as he slowly tried to get up from the floor to take a closer look.

He felt a tug at his ankle--a pain surged through him as he tried to move it. Was it broken? He wondered looking back towards his foot. He could barely make the outline of his leg. He reached over towards his foot and felt the rusty shackle clasped around his swollen ankle--it must be broken, or perhaps infected.

This is when he noticed that he was locked up and behind bars--he reached towards the bars and felt the slippery metal. These must be brand new if everything else is rusty when it comes to metal, he thought. It felt like someone wiped oil along the bars--it feels recent. As Kyle tried once again to adjust his vision towards the torch down the hall; he could hear the faint jingling of keys in the distance. Someone was coming.

The door creaked opened as a man slowly descended down the stairs. He hummed a unsettling tune, a tune that Kyle was rather familiar with. Kyle could make an outline of the man walking down the hallway--he was rather thick in the mid section, much like someone else he knew; he had broad shoulders and a tall stature. His boots would slam down on the cold wet floor with every step he took--closer, and closer to Kyle until he finally reached his cell.

The man before him whistled as if enthralled with Kyle. "What a pretty bird I have captured, quite the beauty." He reached out towards Kyle--his hand pushing his chin up--making him face the man that has captured him. "Your eyes are full of desire and hope. Your lips are as soft as white of winter snow--your hair is as firey as the flames of hell, oh, and your skin--your sweet soft, warm skin. I can't wait to feel it against my own--how I desire to keep you here at home, but, he will be coming soon, yes, yes he will... he will be coming soon to collect his precious bird won't he? Ah, yes, and when he does--that voice of your will sing a different song wont they?"

The man continued, Kyle couldn't help but watch in horror as the man looked deeper into his eyes--practically keeping him there against his will just like he is now with this 'bird cage.' Kyle wanted nothing more than to remove his hand from his chin, but he was too weak to even try. "Pretty birdy, pretty birdy, please don't fly away." He says as he moves his hand from Kyle's chin to his cheek--embracing it as if it were a precious object. Kyle felt sick to his stomach.

"Pretty birdy, pretty birdy, your feathers or so pure and soft--oh how I would love nothing more than hear you laugh. I want to hear your voice--I want to hear you sing your song of pleasure and joy. Wont you do me that much? Wont you do anything as such?" Kyle glared at the man, he couldn't believe what horrible poetry he was trying to come up with--not to mention the vulgarity of the words he spewed.

"Fuck off." Kyle said spitting in the man's face. "Oh... the pretty bird doesn't want to play with me?" The man asks wiping off the spit from his face. "I'm not a bird you sick son of a bitch! Let me go!" Kyle demanded, the man looked at him unsatisfied with his answer. The man quickly snag Kyle's red locks pulling towards the bars--practically slamming his face into them.

"I don't like pretty birdy's words... pretty birdy's words hurt me so. Pretty bird better apologize if pretty bird knows what's... good for it. I could do so many things to pretty bird to...make those bright eyes of it turn into a dull jade. Wouldn't you like that? Pretty bird? M-Maybe I could tie you up like all the others...put a muzzle on yea eat you up for breakfast. Wouldn't that be nice? Pretty birdy is... however, under protection... I'm not allowed to play with pretty bird. No sir."

The deranged man lets go of Kyle's hair. Kyle falls to the ground--his face hitting the wet floor under him. He spat out some dirt as he looks back at the sad looking man giving him a death glare to behold. "Lunch time is in an hour... I have to go now little bird--see you in an hour." The man walks away and ascends back up the stairs.

Kyle breathes in a quick breath, not realizing he was holding his breath in the entire time. He lets out a sigh of relief as the door slams shuts. His body begins to shake and his thoughts being to run wild, he couldn't think.

"I...I have to get out of here...."