Chapter 22

i got from the hospital, eyes red, mind's a mess, stress. i opened the door and i saw Jieun sitting on the couch watching TV.

“hey babe!”

i didn't reply. i remained silent. i walked towards her and sits beside her and sigh.

“uhh, babe, what's wrong?” she said while turning the volume down. She turned towards me and gasped.

“Omgg why are your eyes red??!! ARE YOU OKAY?? WHAT HAPPENED??” she said, cupping my face.

“Jieun, l-let's be husband and wife. I want to marry you. Come on. Let's go” I said, not realizing tears rolling down my cheeks.

“You have to tell me what happened first!! You're making me worry!!” she exclaimed.

“Huh.. Okay, i'll tell you. But please, just do two things for me if you love me. Okay?” i said, putting up a pinky finger.

“Okay..” she said with a smile and we made a promise.

“Number one, don't give your life up, don't get sad. Number two, lets marry and i'll take care of you for the rest of our life no matter what happens. Okay?”

she sighed. “Okay. Now tell me. What is it?”

I took a deep breathe, and finally tell her. “Jieun, you, you have cancer. A- a brain cancer. I'm so sorry Jieun, I- ” Jieun hugged me and left me speechless.

“But hey! Don't worry. I'll take care of you no matter what, when and how. Let's get married. Okay?” I said to Jieun as she nodded.