Chapter 5

The next day after the check up

We started our lessons as usual. Nothing weird happened. It's just.. we got so many homeworks these day but none of the students even teachers mentioned about any exams.

*bell rings, break time.*

Before the students even got to move and have their lunch outside the class, the class teacher Ms. NaWon came in with A4 sized cards on her hands.

“Class, settle down.” she said and everyone obeyed. “These are the cards. Each of you will get one and please keep it safely because it contains your health results you had yesterday.” Ms. NaWon said while walking around and hand in the cards according to our names.

I felt so excited and nervous at the same time. She finally gave me my card and i took a deep breathe before looking at the results. I didn't understand the results completely as the handwritings are weird and messy. I saw numbers over 20 (__/20) and i wondered why almost all of them are below ten and i spotted only a couple of them had more than 15/20. “Hmmm.. Am i THAT unhealthy?” i said in my heart, not wanting Soora to look at mine. I quickly put my card inside my bag and zipped it tightly.

I looked around and everyone was happy with their health results. I didn't care that much so i proceed with my daily routine, take my lunch box and find a place to eat.

I went back home and quickly run to my room, trying to avoid any conversation. My mom doesn't know anything about the check up. She doesn't really care about me since she's busy with her work. I'm fine with it because i'm used to left alone at home while my mom works hard to get money as our lives depends on her. Even though we doesn't talk that often, i still do love her with all my heart as she's the only one i have in my life.

I rarely tell her about my health. If i'm in pain or injured, i'll treat them myself. I'm always alone in this house so it isn't a matter to me.