38

The Marauders' dinner lasted two hours or so. It was the most fun any of them ever had in a long time, but of course, Liv was the only one actually thinking it. The others were having too much fun to think about the fun they were having, really. 

After two hours, the Marauders and Ray and Logan started to get exhausted. Liv faked being exhausted as well so that no one would worry or suspect what she was about to do after they all left.

"That was an amazing dinner," James chirped. He stood up to push in his chair.

"It was!" Liv smiled at James and hugged him from the side. "I'll be in the dormitory in a moment, I'm going to walk Ray and Logan to their dorms." Logan's dorm was the closest to Trelawney's tower, and they had to drop Ray off first, anyway.

James nodded. "Alright. See you soon." He lightly pat her on the back and then exited The Three Broomsticks with the rest of the Marauders.

After Liv dropped off Logan and said goodnight, she made her way to Professor Trelawney's tower. Once she walked in, Trelawney spoke to her in a low voice, "He's back."

"Who's back?" Liv asked. 

"HE LIES ALONE AND FRIENDLESS, ABANDONED BY HIS FOLLOWERS." Trelawney spoke in the same low, harsh voice as before. It sent shivers down Liv's spine.

"Professor? Are you alright?" Liv asked with concern, backing away a little bit because she was startled. 

"Yes, just fine! I should be asking you that question; what are you doing here at such a late hour, Miss Majestic?" She asked curiously. Her voice and expression were back to normal. 

"Well, Professor, I've been happy for the first time in a long time, but I have this gut feeling that it won't last for long," Liv sighed. 

"I believe I'm not the person to talk to about this," Trelawney told her.

Liv raised her eyebrows. "What?"

"I believe you should speak to Headmaster Dumbledore. He should be able to help you," Professor Trelawney advises. 

"I-um, alright." Liv nodded, starting toward the door. "Uh, thanks." 

Trelawney nodded with a small smile on her face, and Liv exited the tower. She let out a long, exasperated sigh as she made her way over to Dumbledore's office. Once she approached it, she knocked quietly on the door. Dumbledore answered, letting her in with a small smile. 

"Why are you up at this hour, Miss Majestic?" Dumbledore asked the girl curiously.

"I can't seem to sleep, Professor Dumbledore," she told her. "Something is troubling me. But if I told anyone, they'd think I'm mad."

"Go ahead. Do tell. I won't judge." Dumbledore assured Liv. 

Liv took in a deep breath, exhaling after a while. "I fear that...I fear that our old friend Voldemort is back. I...I saw him. He talked to me. I don't remember it, but one of my friends saw it happen. I was obliviated, so my friend had to tell me about it."

Dumbledore sighed. "You don't have to worry Liv. It doesn't seem like Voldemort would rise at this time. But I definitely do see him hinting at it. I think he's just teasing us for now."

Liv sighed of relief. "Alright. That seems logical."

Dumbledore nods. "Anything else, dear?"

Liv nodded. "Well, tonight has been the happiest I've ever been, but I fear that this feeling won't be here for long..."

"All good things must go eventually," Dumbledore tells her. 

Liv nods, standing up with a smile on her face. "Thanks, Dumbledore."

"You're welcome. Now, get some sleep," he chuckled.

Liv laughed as well as she opened his office door to show herself out. "I will."

But as she was leaving, someone familiar was entering.

"Severus?"