i. earth skills

KYA FEELS THE sun on her face

KYA FEELS THE sun on her face. She sees trees all around her, scent of wildflowers on a breeze. It's so beautiful. She looks around and smiles. Then she snaps back to reality and realizes she's still on the Ark, stuck as a prisoner.

Kya looks around her cell at all the art work. Drawings of the ground and other things covering the walls. Art was the only thing that kept her sane in here. She had lost count of how many days she had been stuck in this box. She stopped counting after awhile. Instead she got to think about how much she hated her father for putting her in here in the first place.

"Prisoner 423, face the wall." A guard says as the door slams open.

Kya looks at them confused. "What are you talking about? I'm only 17."

One of the guards grabs her and tries to place her in handcuffs. Keyword tries. Before he could she kicked his right leg out from under him and dodged the other guard. Once Kya was out of her cell she could see hundreds of guards and kids moving around. She looked around only to see her best friend and a woman who had been like a mother to her.

"Abby!" Kya yells.

"Kya." Abby exclaims as Kya slams into her, grabbing ahold of Clarke as well. Kya hadn't seen either of them since she was fourteen. Tears form in Abby's eyes as she looks over the two girls. "Look at how big you two are."

Kya smiles slightly before her curiosity gets the best of her. "Abby, what's going on? What is this?"

Before Abby could answer a guard spoke up. "Come on. Let's go."

"They're killing us all, aren't they, reducing population to make more time for the rest of you?" Clarke asks, slightly frantic.

"Clarke, Kya, you are not being executed. You're being sent to the ground, all 100 of you." Abby explains.

"What? But it's not safe." Kya states. "No. No. We get reviewed at 18."

"The rules have changed. This gives you a chance to live." Abby tells them. "Your instincts will tell you to take care of everybody else first, just like your fathers, but be careful. I can't lose either of you. I love you two so much."

As Abby pulls Clarke and Kya into a final hug, Kya feels a prick in the back of her neck and she slowly starts to lose conciseness. Before she loses all conciseness she hears Abby. "Earth, girls. You get to go to Earth."

-

"Kya, Kya, Kya, come wake up." Clarke shakes the redhead, trying to wake her up.

"Welcome back." Kya hears Wells voice when she finally begins to regain consciousness.

"What are you doing here Wells?" Kya questions, eyes widening.

"When I heard that they were sending the prisoners to the ground, I got myself arrested." Wells explains.

"Why would you do that?" Kya asks.

"I did it for you guys." Wells says looking between Clarke and Kya. Just as Clarke was about to speak Chancellor Jaha's face appeared on the screen in front of them.

"Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable."

Before Jaha could finish a boy cut him off. "Your dads a dick, Wells!"

"- And those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough non-perishables to sustain 300 people for up to two years."

Jaha was again interrupted when a boy unbuckled himself from his seat and started floating around the drop ship. "Spacewalk bandit strikes again."

"Go, Finn! Check it out." Some kids yell before Finn comes to float in front of Clarke and Kya. The boy crosses his arms and smiles at them.

"You should strap in before the parachutes deploy." Kya tells the Finn.

"Hey, you two, stay put if you want to live." Clarke says as she notices two boys starting to unbuckle, but they ignore her and continue to unbuckle. Clarke rolls her eyes and turns back to Finn.

"You're the traitors that's been in solitary for a year." Finn comments, looking Clarke up and down.

"You're the idiot that wasted a month of oxygen on an illegal space walk." Clarke snaps back.

Finn just smirks and shrugs. "It was fun, names Finn. And you are?'

Before Clarke can respond the drop ship starts to violently shake causing Finn and the two boys to be thrown back. Kya quickly unbuckles as the drop ship stops shaking and runs over to the boys with Clarke not far behind her.

"Finn are they breathing?" Kya asks. He shakes his head.

"Hey just back it up guys!" Someone yells from the lower level of the drop ship. Clarke and Kya look at each other and then at Finn before jumping up and running toward the ladder. As they made their way down they hear the same voice say, "If the airs toxic we are all dead anyway." Finally they could see who was speaking.

"Bellamy?" A girl questions.

"Octavia?" He questions. "Look how big you are." Bellamy exclaims hugging his sister.

"What the hell are you wearing, a guard's uniform?" Octavia asks pulling on his jacket.

"I borrowed it to get on the drop ship. Someone has got to keep an eye on you." Bellamy smirks.

"Where's your wrist band?" Clarke speaks up causing all eyes to turn to her.

Octavia turns and glares at Clarke. "Do you mind? I haven't seen my brother in a year." As soon as Octavia says the word brother whispers break out all along the drop ship about how no one has a brother and about how Octavia was the girl they found hiding under the floor. Octavia starts to grow frustrated, and lunges near the group of teens that were talking about her.

"Hey, O no, lets give them something else to remember you by." Bellamy tells her.

"Yeah." Octavia snaps, "Like what?"

"Like being the first person on the ground in 100 years." Octavia smiles once she hears Bellamy's idea. Bellamy nods and pushes down the lever, as he does a bright light shines through almost blinding them.

Octavia slowly walks down the ramp of the drop ship. Everyone was about to run out, but Bellamy sticks his arm out so no one can pass. With a little jump Octavia is off the drop ship and on the ground. Octavia is silent for a couple seconds while she breathes in the fresh air before she throws her fists in the air and yells, "We're back bitches!"