Tarutis' Departure

Author's note: This has been a long time coming.  I've been wanting to do this one since April.  After events in that month that caused much change, I have decided that this was the best way to honor them.

Description: Taurtis leaves Evo.

On the Hermitcraft server, Xisuma was preparing a portal. Grian had told him about today only a few weeks ago, but it was here now.

"You okay X?"

Xisuma looked wearily over his shoulder to see his friend Mumbo Jumbo. Despite the face-concealing helmet X wore, Mumbo could make out a tired, saddened expression on his face.

X just sighed. "Today's the day," he said.

"Oh, that," Mumbo said, his shoulders slumping, "Grian's gonna be real torn up after. Is there really no way I can come with you to pick him up?" he asked.

"We've been over this. I can't take more than one person with me, and as an admin, I need to bring him in, otherwise, I'd've just sent you to pick him up this time." Xisuma explained, maybe too forcibly.

Mumbo sighed and looked down, dejected.

"You know what," X began, starting to feel bad, "why don't you get a few things ready for when Grian does get back? Try to make him feel better that way."

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Today's the day.' Grian thought to himself. Even though he's done a decent job at hiding it, making his usual amount of snarky comments, messing with Timmy and Mini every chance he got (it'll take forever to get that egg salad out of Timmy's hair, he thought), and just being his general lively self, he had to admit it was weighing on him. He respected his friend's need to leave the server, even if it deeply hurt him.

Right beside him, on the Property Police's front balcony, Tarutis sat oohing and ahhing at the red and blue fireworks bursting across the white-and-navy sky. Grian looked out absently at the display, too out of it to join in on the others, who were admiring the scattering colors along with his best friend.

Taurtis looked over to the now ex-Emperor. "Hey, they're beginning the grand finale," he said, and then he noticed the blank look in his eyes. "You okay?"

Grian snapped out of his trance. "Yeah, just thinking about things," he said.

Taurtis didn't accept this, but his attention was taken off his removed friend when the grand finale kicked in. The last of the fireworks raced into the sky to explode into a bright red and blue mass racing high into the sky before arching back down to rain over the onlookers. Taurtis cheered, and Grian chuckled to himself despite the sadness weighing down his shoulders.

After the fireworks were done, Martyn and Timmy, who both surprisingly still had all 10 fingers after the pyrotechnics, called for everyone's attention.

"Alright everyone, it's getting late. Grian should be heading off to Hermitcraft, and Taurtis should be heading off to his new place. Get in your goodbyes before they go."

"Get in line and say goodbye one by one. Or two by two." Timmy said.

Everyone let the police go first.

"Well it's been nice knowing you, now get up and get out," Martyn said, straight-faced.

"What?" Taurtis shouted, surprised.

"He's just messing with ya mate," Timmy said, placing a hand on Taurtis' shoulder.

"Yeah, just messing with ya mate," Martyn said with a smile, reaching up to ruffle Taurtis' hair. "Good luck."