I was the jerk

Duncan's POV:

Its been a week since Lily transfered here and she's still trying to get me to talk to her. I've been starting to feel bad for ignoring her. I mean what she did was wrong, but she does seem truly sorry. But I still won't ever be able to forgive her. Maybe I should at least talk to her? Tell her, not yell at her, that I won't be able to forgive her. I just can't! She hurt Violet! I can't forgive anybody who hurts Violet!

"Hey Duncan. You okay?" Violet asked worried.
"I'm fine, don't worry about it." I answered.
"I know that's not true. What's wrong?" Violet grabbed my hand.
"The truth is... I don't know how to feel anymore. I've been starting to feel bad about yelling and ignoring Lily, but at the same time I feel like she deserves to be yelled at and ignored! What do you think I should do?"
Violet was silent for a moment until she replied. "My father would always say 'choose to forgive, if not possible, choose to show kindness anyway.' Whatever you decide it's up to you."
I took a deep breath. "You're right, you always are." I leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks."
"Of course. Now let's get to the cafeteria, it's time for lunch."

We started walking to the cafeteria when I noticed Lily sitting on the floor in front of some lockers.
"You continue on, I'll be there shortly," I told Violet.
Violet looked in the direction I was staring at and nodded. "Don't be long?"
"I won't." I smiled before letting go of her hand and walking up to Lily with confidence.

"Lily?"
"Duncan? I thought you didn't want to talk to me?" Lily sounded confused.
"I still don't, but I realized I've been a jerk. I know you feel bad for what you did and I should have handled the situation better. I'm sorry for yelling and ignoring you, I just won't be able to forgive you. Can you understand that?" I apologized.
"You aren't the jerk Duncan. I am," Lily buried her face in her hand. "You shouldn't forgive me, I don't deserve your forgiveness."
"That's true, you don't deserve my forgiveness and that's why you aren't going to be forgiven, but I needed to apologise for how I was acting."
Lily looked up. "You shouldn't apologise, in fact you shouldn't even talk to me. I've been blaming Rose for everything, but the truth is it isn't even Rose's fault. Sure she was the one who told me the idea but I didn't have to listen to her. She's my older sister by a couple of minutes, but I'm still my own person. I shouldn't be blaming others for my actions. How do you deal with having a twin?"

This got me mad. "I'm not a twin." I said through gritted teeth.
"I thought your sister, Isadora isn't it, were twins?" She asked confused.
I sat down on the floor next to her. "No we aren't twins, we're actually triplets, but nobody even knows the third, well at least not anymore." I sighed deeply.
"What do you mean?" Lily asked even more confused.
"It's none of your business, but I'll just say this, I can tell that your a smart girl and you shouldn't let anyone- especially your sister- tell you what to do." With that I got up and joined Violet, Klaus and Isadora in the cafeteria.

Word Count: 582

I know this chapter was like SUPER short! I wasn't sure what else I wanted in this chapter. It was also supposed to be up yesterday but I got sick and just crashed.