Spark-not so much of a spark- of rebellion pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"I am not leaving you behind!" Hera yells. Ezra looks towards the sky as a boom comes from above them.

"No, you're not. We're running a 22- Pickup." Sabine groans and Zeb's ears flatten. 

"Alright. I'll be back. Signal me when you're ready." Kanan puts his COM away and looks towards a group of cargo container's, seeing if any of them could hold a number of wookiees and the rebels. Ezra begins to think of a plan, knowing Kanan won't in time. 

"Hey, Zeb," Ezra says, looking over at the lasat, smiling. 

"What?" He asks, annoyed.

"Be careful. Don't wanna carry your body out, yeah?" Zeb scoffs, but Ezra sees, and feels, a quick flash of fear come from the older man. Ezra peaks between crates, the small gap abling him to see how the stormtroopers had put themselves between the rebels and the wookiees. He grumbles and looks at the crew, trying their best to keep their arms and blasters up. 

"What are we going to do?" Sabine yells over the blaster fire. Ezra looks at Kanan and realizes that none of the rebels have a new plan, even though Kanan is the king of new plans. He scolds the man and stands up. 

"I'll cover you guys. Sabine, get the cuffs off the wookiees." He pulls a lock-picker from his pocket and tosses it to Sabine. "Kanan, cover me. Zeb, make sure none of the younger wookiees runoff." 

"What are you going to do?" Zeb yells but starts to move towards the wookiees anyways along with Sabine. When he doesn't reply, Kanan asks.

"Ezra?" He looks at the three.

"What I have to." Kanan immediately knows and tries to stop him, but Zeb and Sabine look at each other questioningly. Standing up, Ezra walks around the crates and puts himself between the rebels and the stormtroopers, more coming from the facility, along with Agent Kallus. He holsters his blaster and dodges blaster fire, a quick blast of heat every two seconds on his face, and walks towards the troopers. 

Kallus holds up a hand, confused and interested in what he is going to do. Reaching behind his back at his waist, he pulls his lightsaber out, igniting it. Everybody holds their breath and the air stills. Kallus looks surprised, but it is quickly gone, and the troopers look at each other in confusion. 

"Focus your fire on... on the traitor," Kallus yells. Immediately, Ezra blocks shot after shot and hopes the rebels finish quick enough to let him stop. It had been a long enough time of defense practice for him, but he wasn't going to let them do what they were to the wookiees. 

Out of his peripheral vision, he sees Sabine and Zeb dealing with the wookiees, but doesn't see any blaster fire from Kanan. Just about to turn around, and most likely get shot, he sees a blue hue come next to him and smirks as a surprised look, and also one of fear crosses Kallus' face. 

"Thought I told you to cover me!" Ezra yells, but he smiles. 

"I am!" Kanan yells back. As the troopers fire at both of them, not even looking at the wookiees, Sabine signals them that they're ready by throwing the smoke bomb between Kanan, Ezra, and the troopers. Ezra and Kanan immediately turn off their lightsabers and run towards Sabine, Zeb, and the wookiees. As they reach the group, Zeb helping the wookiees in, Ezra feels panic coming off Zeb. 

"Zeb, what happened?" 

"One of the kids got away!" He hells, helping the last of the wookiees into the cargo container. Ezra stares at him in disbelief.

"Zeb-"

"He got scared! One of the troopers spotted him and he started running!" He looked at Ezra, panic visible in his eyes. Ezra sighs in anger.