« 17:02 »

He looked out of the wooden window wondering how he ended up in this situation. Every time he tried to recall the events of the night before a pounding headache hit him, leaving him nauseous for a couple of seconds. The only detail he could remember was the loud voices all around him, various discussions all over the place, a dim light in the atmosphere. Nothing more.

What had he done this time? What the hell was he thinking? He had promised himself and Gideon that he would stay home. So why did he go out and have the best time of his life? He frowned. He should have known better. A nagging feeling started to arise in his mind spreading all over: regret. He regretted whatever he couldn't remember having done, mainly because he wasn't able to remember to save his life.

Groaning he let himself fall on his bed, facing the ceiling with a new headache coming. He closed his eyes, hoping this would pass soon. Some seconds later he heard a sound coming from his nightstand, probably his phone. Lazily he reached for the electronic device and looked at the bright screen in front of his eyes. It was a message.

Unknown number

Hey, I hope you're feeling better. Yesterday was a blast. Xx

Sent 17:05

Furrowing his eyebrows, he reread the message once, twice, three times, and he went on until it was etched in his mind. What was that supposed to mean? Did he do something, or was it in general?

Well, there was only one way to find out and staring at it until holes would appear on the screen wasn't the solution.

To unknown number

Hey, yes I have a headache but other than that I'm okay. What about you?

Sent 17:08

Uhm may I ask whose number this is?

Sent 17:08

He put his phone next to him on the bed. Closing his eyes, he tried once again to recall the events of the previous night. But before he could get more rooted in thoughts, another message distracted him form his unproven conclusions.

Unknown number

You really don't remember me?

Sent 17:09

He sighed, rubbing his palms on his temples to lighten the pounding headache and calm his nerves. The person on the other side of the screen was surely not helping his situation by being this mysterious. What had he done to deserve this? Oh right, he got out/wasted again after promising not to!

Realising what time it was, he swore under his breath and started undressing before exiting his room to get to the bathroom across the hall. Soon Gideon would be home, and he could not let him suspect one bit what had passed the night before for obvious reasons.

Grabbing his phone, he ran into the warm room and started the water to get the right temperature.

To unknown number

I'm sorry but other than a terrible headache I don't have anything left of yesterday.

Sent 17:13

This time the reply didn't have to wait.

Unknown number

What if I told you we played Never Have I Ever?

Sent 17:13

Since when did 20 years-old college people play that game at parties?

To unknown number

Did you even read what I wrote to you before?!

Sent 17:13

Unknown number

Geez, no need to be grumpy L.

I'll meet you in half an hour at the Mexican bar in Steven Street. Be there, and I'll refresh your memories.

Sent 17:13

He bit his bottom lip. This was his only ticket out of the terrible and mortifying talk he'd have to have if Gideon found out. So why did it feel like he shouldn't go?

To unknown number

Wear something orange.

Sent 17:14

Unknown number

Does nail polish count? ;)

Sent 17:14

He blinked. Gideon?