«12:05»

The content ahead might be triggering for some readers, so be aware. If it is uncomfortable for you, please stop reading this chapter immediately.

__________✦__________

She was only 10.

All her life she had nothing to fear, nothing to worry about: she had a happy family, her parents loved her, and she was the little princess of the family, worshipped by everyone.

It happened on a summer afternoon.

She was playing with him as always. Every time her dad and she visited her grandma, and he was there, they'd spend some short amount of time together; after all, he was family.

They were running around in the garden when he instructed her to hop on him. Her dad had already gone inside to greet his elderly mother.

She always enjoyed piggy-back rides. Laughing, she complied to his wish and climbed on his back.

Her arms went around his throat, loosely holding onto him, while his arms went under her legs. Then, he slowly started walking to the front door of the three-stored house.

Suddenly one of his hands changed position, reaching in between her opened legs resting on either side of his body.

She could feel his fingers moving outside the jeans she was wearing, and a funny feeling started to rise. That had never had happened before. Or at least, as long as she could remember.

She squirmed a little.

He put a bit more pressure on that spot, and she started to feel strange, therefore asking him to put her down.

He didn't seem to care about her wishes.

She started slipping off his back, and as soon as she was on her feet again, she ran inside the building and up the stairs where she knew she would be safe.

She won't know what really happened that day until two years later.

She never said anything to anyone besides her best friend after finding out the truth because she was afraid.

She was afraid that people wouldn't believe her.

She was afraid that she would ruin a family, especially a marriage, friendship and trust.

So she stayed quiet, suffering in silence.

For a long time after that day, she despised her body, that strange feeling she had felt but couldn't understand...

But most of all, him.

Because only after too long did she understand that she was touched in a way that no 10-year-old girl should be touched.

No one should be violated that way.

No boy, no girl, no man, no woman, no person...

No one has the right to touch you that way.

No one.