«08:40»

He doesn't feel ashamed very often, mainly because he never had a real reason to be.
He always tries to be direct when talking to people, sometimes being blunt others being honest but being careful of the sensibility of the person in front of him.
But sometimes he makes a mistake. It's normal, no one is perfect, though he can't help but get closed up when he hurts someone he cares about.

You know, there was this other boy, J, they were really close, probably closer than they expected. One late evening they were talking when an issue surfaced. After hearing it, he got upset at himself for doing something terrible to J. He cut the conversation short and went to bed, the air conditioning blasting the cold air in the room and illuminating a part of it with its blue light. Saddened by the outcome of the night and exhausted, he fell asleep after some minutes.

The next morning the boy groggily woke up at the sound of his alarm. His messy hair fogging his view, the blanket still on his pyjama covered body and the AC continuing its work while producing such an annoying noise.

He checked his phone and looked at the notifications. J had sent him some messages and tried to call again. He frowned.
With a swift move, he straightened himself. After gripping his phone with a newfound feeling settling in his gut and sitting Indian style leaning on the wall, he started reading. More than once he frowned and his face was covered with sadness and shame.
Going to bed probably made the situation worse. He swore under his breath and started typing right away, trying to be as fast as he could.

First message: sent.
Second message: sent.
Third message: sending...

He quirked his eyebrow. Why must the connection always suck when you're trying to do something essential? He asked himself.

Fourth message: sending...
Fifth message: sending...
Sixth message: sending...

He made an angry nose before leaving his phone on the bed and walking to the bathroom. His mind was full of mixed thoughts, and his face was swirling with different emotions. He only could hope that everything would be okay at the end of the day.