War and Cliff Hangers

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

The constant sound of both America's and my phone going off continued to interrupt every calm moment we had together. The day he woke up we had turned our phones off and decided we'd spend it recovering and together. The bloody problem is that now it's the next day and with war and all we can't afford to have another day off!

America had reached out to his president and started helping with the preparations for his country. I had tried not to listen in, but the git talks so loud it was hard not to. The biggest decision they made was that America would fight with his citizens in the military. It's a smart decision and one that most countries tend to make during war. It builds morale and with our healing abilities it's very easy for us to turn the tide of a battle as long as another nation isn't there.

Still, worry gnawed at me. Very few nations had decided to side against Germany and Italy, the new version of the axis powers. Those who did side against them include America and I, Canada, Prussia in spirit, Japan, and France although reluctantly. The frog bastard still is trying to convince me that siding with The axis powers is the safest thing, but luckily he will take whatever side I am on.

America currently was on the phone with Canada and both seemed to be arguing very heatedly. It's quite funny hearing Canada's soft voice turning into a slight louder whisper as he raises into his yelling tone.

I however am dealing with the frog who has chosen now to constantly text me. Most of the texts are updates on how hopeless our cause is, but some include a few flirty remarks which is usual for him.

"Fine if your already here!" America huffed throwing a hand up in defeat, "Just come on in the doors open." He said into the phone before hanging up and plopping down onto the couch next to me, "Matty, Gil, Japan, and France are parking outside and then coming in."

"What why?" I asked surprised.

America shrugs leaning so his head rests on my shoulder, "I guess my house has become HQ for the war effort." Sighing he wraps an arm around me and pulls me over so I lay on top of him as he stretches out onto the couch.

I can't help but blush as my head lays on his chest and his hand rubs mindless circles into my mid back. This is all so new to me, but it feels natural, "It is probably best for us all to be together love." The word slipped out of my mouth without thought. Technically neither of us have used the L word and I definitely didn't want to be the first! I stiffened cursing myself thoroughly for being so stupid but he quickly spoke up.

"That's a cute nickname. That's like a British thing right...similar to babe?" He offered though I could tell he was smirking without even looking.

Taking the free excuse I nodded against his chest, "Yes. Most definitely."

He laughed and I swear I've never heard a more beautiful sound, "That reminds me. What are we exactly?"

Well I did not expect that question. I had thought it would be pretty obvious, "Boyfriends of course," but if he's asking maybe that's not what he wants, "I mean well whatever you want to be Alfred. We don't need a label if yo-"

"Boyfriend would you stop rambling and just kiss me already?" America cut me off giving a cheeky grin.

Another blush covered my cheeks but I propped myself up and glared down at him pretending to me mad, "Only because you asked so nicely." I joked before leaning down and kissing him.

Sadly the kiss barely started before America's front door was thrown wide open. We sprung a part with me on one side of the couch and him on the other. He paused seeming confused but I didn't bother asking why as I quickly stood and tried to act innocent, "I'm going to start on dinner for everyone."

Ignoring America'a gaze I ducked out of the room and into the kitchen and I grabbed France as I passed. If anyone can tell me the best way to break the news about Alfred and I then it's France. He's the country of 'love' after all.

America's POV))

I stared after England extremely confused. When I heard the door open I broke a pet because I was just startled. England literally leaped away from me like I had the plague and then just left for the kitchen! What the hell was that about?

"Alfred I'm glad your okay!" Matty said as hun and Gil walked into the living room.

I smiled at my shy and quiet brother, "Of course I'm okay! I am the hero after all!" I bragged hoping my usual self will help him relax. Matty worries way too much.

"Vell now that ve are here ve should start our battle plan! The awesome me vill take the lead of course!" Gilbert declared moving to sit on the loveseat.

Matty followed him and positioned himself on the arm of the chair. I rolled my eyes but paused when I realized the pervert and Japan weren't around, "Where's France and Japan?"

Matty pointed to the hallway leading to the kitchen, "England took France in to help with making dinner. Japan rode separately from us and should be here soon."

My eyes widened at the thought of England asking for help with cooking. That's a miracle if I've ever seen one!

"Alright well anyway," I shrugged focusing my attention back on the two in here, "first off Gil you can't lead when you don't even have an army."

Gilbert and I then started a very long argument about who is the most awesome and why they are the best choice for leader. The more we argued back and forth the more frustrated Matty got until finally he plopped himself, quite boldly I might add, onto Gilbert's lap and told us to, "Please stop talking until dinner."

"Of course birdie! Vhatever makes you happy." Gilbert grinned like a kid in a candy shop as he began poking Matty in the head with the goal of annoying him.

I groaned not wanting to watch those two look all doe eyed at each other. Instead I stood about to head into the kitchen before Gilbert stopped me with a surprisingly serious tone, "America my brother isn't just looking to take over your land. He vants to vipe out your country. He vants you gone."

We all stood silent for a second thinking on what that meant. Germany can occupy a countries land without destroying it. If he did destroy a country then that country could fade and be gone forever like the Holy Roman Empire.

"You lost your country and your still here." I pointed out not trying to sound rude.

Gilbert nodded, "That is true, but most aren't has lucky as me. If you fade you are gone America."

Glancing between Mattys worried face and Gilbert's stern one I just nod, "I know." Before turning to walk into the kitchen.

Gilberts worried about what my fading would do to Matty. I can tell. It's funny how not too long ago I thought everyone would be happy if I faded. While, I'm still not happy with myself or who I am as a person...England helped me realize people care. Even if it's just a few they are still worth fighting for and I won't give up on them or myself.

With new found determination I threw open the kitchen door.

((Still dunno why Oliver happened. Such a mystery lmao. Well I hope y'all are enjoying this rewrite..if anyone is seeing it lol ))