Chapter XXVI

Chapter XXVI

I don't know what to say so I remained silent. He took a moment of silence, too. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes before I decided to tell him my sentiments.

"Thank you." I started. "Thank you for loving me and for telling me these things. I really appreciate it." I said with my heartfelt sincerity.

I looked at his eyes and I saw the eyes I have been longing to look at for so many years. Clinton was a mystery to me before. He sent me flowers, poems, gifts, and letters without telling me his identity. My young heart fell for him. I had feelings for him. If my babies did not happened, we could've been a happy couple. But the situation already changed. The circumstances are now different. We have to consider lots of people. I can't be reckless because my children's life is also at stake.

"It's funny how fate interfered with our lives. It is also surprising how it connected us in such bizarre way. You have feelings for me. Back then I have feelings for you, too. We don't know each other because you are afraid to introduce yourself to me. Then Zack and I accidentally ended up together that night. I was a part of a heinous crime, I got married and then I discovered that I am pregnant. You came, Alexa reentered you lives and announced that she is pregnant with your child," I said.

"Everything was simple back then. Now, everything has changed. We have to consider so many things and avoid making reckless decisions. We are going to be parents! Honestly, I am not ready for any of these. We must first and foremost think about the welfare of our children. It might be hard for us now but I know that things will be better. Zack may not have the heart to forgive you and realize his mistakes but I know that someday, he will understand. I want to end our past in here. Let's not dwell in it and move on."

Tumango si Clinton sa aking sinabi na tila naiintindihan niya ang aking sinabi. I smiled at him and he smiled at me, too.

Pagkatapos ng aming naging pag-uusap ay hinanap ko kung nasaan si Zack para kausapin din ito. Of course, I won't use the same approach because now, I know the whole story. Hindi ko ipipilit sa kanya na humingi ng tawad sa kapatid niya o patawarin niya ito dahil alam kong mahirap para sa kanya ang gawin iyon at naiintindihan ko iyon.

I found him the seashore. He is seriously watching the sea with his snob expression. May ilang mga tourist na tinitingnan siya at tila inoobserbahan. Lumapit ako sa kanya at tumabi sa kanyang gilid. He looked at me. He looks surprised when he realized that it was me who sitted beside him.

"Hey..." I greeted and I smiled at him.

"Hey." he smiled also.

Tiningnan ko ang dagat na kanina niya pang tinitigan. The sea is calm and blue. The wind is gently making small waves that orchestrate the sounds of the waves like a piece of music. The serenity of the sea made me calmer.

"I realized that I promised you something." he said. My eyes remained in the sea though what he said made wonder.

"What promise?" I asked.

"I said the we will work things out in this marriage for our children. I promised that I will do my best to save this matrimony."

I looked at him. His gazes moved from me to the sea.

"I was immature a while ago. It came upon me that when I said that I will do anything for you to forgive me and decline your favor, I was a douchebag." he said then looked at me. "Although it is not easy, I will try. I will ask for my brother's forgiveness."

I looked at him with admiration and smiled. I held his hand and his eyes widened when our hand touched.

"You don't have to, anymore. I understand." I said. Humigpit ang hawak ng kamay niya sa akin.

"No. I want to it." he said.

I smiled and nodded. I don't want to force him to settle things with Clinton because I know that his grudge won't be easily remove. But now that he said that he is willing to do it because he wants to, I'd like to see him try.

I was about to say something when I felt incredible pain upon my stomach. I held it in shock. It hurts really bad!

"Paige? Are you okay?" nag-aalalang tanong ni Zack.

Umiling ako sa kanya.

"My stomach hurts so much!" I yelp. I held my stomach even tighter when another set of pain attacked me. "Ah!" I cried.

Hinawakan ni Zack ang balikat ko sa pag-aalala. Hindi niya alam kung anong gagawin niya. He is panicking like me. Lumingon siya sa paligid, marahil ay para humingi ng tulong.

I started to sweat because of the pain. I don't think I can endure it because it hurts so much. Nagsimulang tumulo ang luha ko dahil sa pag-aaalala sa mga anak ko. I usually watched this kind of scenes on dramas and movies. It happens in books, too. And usually, the ending is not good. My babies are in great danger.

"Paige, Paige." tinapik ni Zack ang aking pisngi.

Hindi ko na naiintindihan ang nangyayari sa paligid ko o ang mga sinasabi ni Zack. The pain won't go away and all I can think about are my babies. I started to feel dizzy because the pain won't subside. I feel so weak already but I became weaker when I saw blood in between my legs. The pain grew stronger and I became dizzier.

I have never been this scared in my entire life. The only thing that scares me before is failing. Failing my examinations, failing my grades, failing my family and my love ones and failing myself. I don't want any disappointment from anyone. I failed my parents when I got pregnant at this young age, but it was the most beautiful thing that has happened to me. To be able to give life is the best feeling I have ever felt.

I am scared to lose my children more than anything else. They are the most important thing in my life. I love them and feeling this kind of pain and knowing that something bad is happening to them is almost death to me.

"Paige, Paige! Wake up! Wake up!" I heard Zack's shouting at me while caressing my face. His voice is in distress like its panicking.

Everything is starting to grow darker and until my sight went completely went black.