Chapter 36

"You have lost your damn mind!"

My father's voice boomed in the living room as soon as he arrived.

I controlled myself from giving out a smart ass reply. But I need more training for that kind of shit...

"Oh, I'm sorry, dad. I thought it was called helping and not losing my damn mind", I blurted and cue the gasps and the looks that I got from the people around me.

So that day, it was a revelation for me that nobody ever stood up and back answered my father.

But whatever, I'm his daughter. And if he didn't want to deal with a normal bratty teenager then why did he even go through all of the drama since the beginning?

There was a moment of silence. No one said anything and everybody was either looking at me or Dad to gauge our reactions.

I wasn't scared. What would he do? Lock me in the dungeons that blew up just yesterday?

"Did you develop that habit after you started living with me or did you have it since the beginning?", he asked, his eyes narrowed.

"I have it since the beginning", I nodded my head.

"Then that's your mother's fault", he mumbled.

"Hey! It's called standing up for yourself", I defended.

"Yeah well, your mother did that a lot", he deadpanned.

"Well, at least my mom accepted my help in sticky situations", I shrugged and I knew he took the hint.

"Did your mother always get into 'sticky situations' that involved gangsters?"

"You got my point", I said haughtily.

"Well, I'm not like your mother", he shrugged.

"Why do you keep calling her 'your mother'? She was your wife too".

"Because we got divorced?", he looked at me as if talking to a child.

"And yet, the little moments that you guys had", I smirked, indicating all those times when he used to call mom for my custody.

"The fact remains that you're not going anywhere and doing anything risky", he quickly changed the topic and my smirk fell.

I looked at him, daggering him with my eyes.

"You know, once I turn eighteen, you cannot tell me what to do. And it's only a matter of months now so you better enjoy while your glory lasts, old man", I told him off and stomped over to my room. I slammed the door for extra effect.

I shouldn't of have done that because I had a better idea in mind but I needed everyone to think that I was submitting.

I stood by the window, thinking. Getting everybody to believe me won't be that big of a deal but the only problem was that I didn't how to reach Luke. It's not like I can just ping him on Facebook or Instagram and I'm pretty sure he owns an untraceable phone. He was undercover and for all I know, he's probably hiding away in some African village or whatever.

I couldn't ask anybody about him too. I thought of talking to Amanda but wasn't sure if Amanda would risk her position and loyalty towards my father. Chloe was out of the question as well. And that left me with no apparent ways to reach Luke. Of course, it was maybe only Angelo and dad who knew where he was but I had no way to get that information out of either of them.

Besides I didn't want to tick off Angelo more than he already was. Everytime I looked at Emma, I was struck with Angelo's words and had to try really hard to not embrace her and feel sorry for her.