Chapter 20

"I think black looks much better", Emma commented as she painted her nails.

"Yeah", I agreed absent mindedly.

"You alright?", she asked as she kept the nail paint bottle aside on the table.
"I feel pathetic", I replied with a sigh.

"And why?", she inquired with a confused look.

"Did they burn him alive because of me?", I asked in a soft voice.

"Of course not. They were going to kill him anyway", she replied with a shrug.

"I was told that they burnt him alive because Dad was frustrated since I fainted because of him", I told her.

"That's true. But he was gonna die anyway. In fact, the bastard's soul should be thanking you", she stated with a smirk.

"What do you mean? ", I asked again.

"Instead of torturing him brutally before killing him, he was granted a simple death, all because of you", she answered.

"Why did they want to kill him anyway?", I asked.

"He was sent by our enemy", she replied shortly as she again started applying nail paint to her toe nails and I nodded my head. I had a feeling that she didn't want to explain more than that so I decided to leave it. All this gangster stuff was not going to be my thing.

"Weren't you supposed to be on some kind of mission?", I asked her as I remembered about my plan which I had planned for tonight.

"I was supposed to. But then I had called up Lucian since I was free and he told me that you passed out and I came back since I wanted to be with you", she explained.

"You're sweet, you know that?", I stated with a broad smile before engulfing her in a hug not caring about her nail paint.

"Oh, I know that very well", she stated with a playful smirk before hugging me back. This girl was making my escape difficult. Emma is such a nice girl and leaving her sounded so bad.

"What was your mission?", I asked her as I got up from the bed and strolled over to my mirror.

"I had to take care of this club", she replied.

"What club?", I inquired as I grabbed a hairbrush and ran it through my hair.

"One of the clubs that Dom owns. Our rivals kept attacking so Dom sent me there to take care of it", she explained.

"Alright. Oh and I forgot to ask you; who's that woman?", I asked as I sat on the bed again.

"Which woman?", she asked as she stared at me.

"The one who was here when I woke up", I didn't know any other way to describe her.

"Oh her. She's Katherine", she answered before proceeding on drying her nails which were now painted a black colour.

"Who's she? Like a member of this gang?", I asked.

"She's Dominic's right hand", she replied.

"Dominic's right hand is a woman?", I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Don't underestimate that woman. She's a frikkin' ninja", she said with a chuckle.

"Alright. Does that mean that Dad has a soft side for her?", I asked trying to sound casual so she can't suspect the curiosity in my voice.

"No, definitely not", she replied without missing a beat.

"Okay", I said before lying down on my soft and comfy bed.