That 3.5 time in College: Part 3: Pay Us Rent

Sessions 3&4

This was during college so we did drop in and out play. Meaning if you had class. The party would cover for you. I left for class and came back to this story.

Tarron was being attacked by a goblin in a dungeon. A small goblin on a high ledge was firing a crossbow at the party. Tarron rolled a twenty. So apparent He leaped into the air, grabbed the goblin Tarron smashed him into the stone floor. Killing him as if he was a pumpkin.

I really can't say my PC did this but sure I'd believe it. I did something so epic that I wasn't here for it.

The next part of the session was going to be for the others who had to deal with this campaign.

Let's talk about Abe the fighter. After the lighthouse, He left the party. He was displeased by the disconnection in the group. He showed up for the next session but I'll hold off. Ben the fighter was a one-off really.

Showed up and never came back to the party. He helped out while I was away at class but never fought with him.

Then, Carl the wizard. He was an alchemist and a wizard because you could do that in 3.5. 5e it's not the same. 5e feels more like you're a wizard with perks in alchemy. However, The click didn't like Carl.

So remember that fort we took over? So, during another dungeon which by the way nothing but gold no rare treasure or weapons. Just crappy gold that I started stockpiling. We pick up Carl the Wizard who was level one while we were level five. After that dungeon, we went to the fort. Except, Carl?

He had to pay rent. Or he could do Alchemy checks to stay the night. Nevertheless, he fails 2/3 Alchemy checks. You can tell at the table that the DM was "being a dick" to Carl as we were all; not the click was dumbfounded. Abe and I call bullshit on this action.

Why does the Cleric and Rogue not paying?

"But we are," Cleric says.

After that, the chopping wood I've been doing has been for my rent. Abe didn't return after this session. Carl's PC slept in the street since he didn't have any gold. Lucky I rented his room for him.

OH Wait. Wasn't allowed.