Chapter 8 - The awkward marriage day

The Uzun Residence

Even though initially everyone was angry and upset with the Sarsilmaz and the wedding; the Uzun's have warmed up to the Sarsilmaz as the last few days they have been showered with lots of respect and understanding especially from Tuval, Laila and Azime. In fact, even Kerem and Doruk have been really nice to them, even Murat has been behaving however Nejat seems to still remain distant and just address them when needed. Asli and Ipek are helping Hayat in getting ready. Fadik has volunteered to look after Iso until after the marriage ceremony. Iso's adoption is later that day right after Hayat and Murat get their marriage certificate. Emine has informed Laila that she will bring over Iso the following day (the day after the wedding) as Hayat and Murat should have a private wedding night considering there will be no honeymoon.

The Sarsilmaz Residence

After getting dressed, Murat goes to see Azime " Babane, have you got Hayat to sign the contract yet ?' he queries. Azime covers up saying that Hayat has signed them but she forgot to take it from her last night. "ok, Babane please pass them to me later today as dad wants to keep it in the office safe,' replies an unsuspecting Murat.

When Murat enters the living room, he finds all his siblings dressed up and are in a happy mood. Tuval seems really happy and excited. Seeing Murat she walks to him and gives him a tight hug "I know it may not be the right circumstances but I really hope you find all the happiness with Hayat.' Murat just nods and tells Tuval "you guys are my happiness, so rest assured I will be very happy.' Other than Nejat, Azime and Laila, no one in the Sarsilmaz house knows about the Prenup contract or terms and conditions Murat has demanded. As far as the rest are concerned, Murat has accepted Azime's decision.

In another part of London - Derya's Living Room

'Yes mother, Why did you ask me to come home immediately?' an anxious Emre asks Derya. "My dear, we need to act quick, I've got my hands on a very juicy piece of news. Earlier Nejat was here, I overheard him speak to Murat about a prenuptial agreement they are getting Hayat to sign. When I asked him, he told me that Murat was only marrying on paper and won't have any relations with Hayat and the best part - It's only a temporary marriage which even Murat is not aware of as Nejat is planning to include that as a clause if Hayat is found to cheat on Murat and due to all these reasons the marriage is done in a hushed manner.' Emre starts laughing and says "So luring Hayat to go astray is going to be real fun,'. Derya says ' First things first, let's start the fun by giving the Sarsilmaz a shocking wake up call tomorrow with the marriage and the illegitimate child  as the newspaper headlines, ' Emre than happily says " that's really one of the best wedding present for Mr Murat, as he is so concerned about the Sarsilmaz good name, wonder how he will feel being the one dragging it down.' Derya than tells Emre to prep their normal spy in the hotel to capture a few pictures for the press - as outsiders are not allowed.

At the Hotel - Noon Time

Both families arrive around the same time and enter the lavishly decorated hall. The registrar proceeds with all the formalities and finally both Hayat and Murat are made to take their wedding oaths and sign the certificate of marriage. Murat notices that Hayat is very nervous and her hands are shaking as she scribbles her signature. After the registrar declares them married, both side siblings start throwing confetti and a wedding kiss is mandatory Murat kisses Hayat's forehead while the rest cheer on. Hayat starts to blush and rests her head on Murat's shoulder as he embraces her, Murat softly whispers only for her ears " This is all for show so please do not get too comfortable' That completely wipes away Hayat's smile and she starts to move away but Murat warns her to keep up appearances as not to disrupt the moment. - Unknown to everyone the head waiter has been clicking snaps of the whole event.