twenty nine

I pushed open the door and walked outside, only to be greeted with the chilling temperature and winds managing to seep through my many layers of clothes.

Wrapping my jacket tighter around my body, I walked briskly to the spot Chae and I had agreed she would pick me up at.

Luckily she was already parked and waiting for me, so I wouldn't need to stand out in the cold for longer than I needed to.

Throwing open the passenger door and practically flinging myself inside, I was met with warmth and the smell of sweet vanilla.

I put my bag in the backseat and buckled up, looking at Chae to signal that I was ready to go.

Her brown eyes were wide as she looked at me in shock.

"Uhh ok then," she turned to face forwards, "definitely not the weirdest thing you've ever done." She muttered under her breath.

"Hey I heard that," I lightly slapped her arm.

"Good." She replied sarcastically, putting the car in reverse and then getting onto the street.

I just rolled my eyes and stared out the window at the passing people and tall buildings under the stormy grey clouds.

The car ride to the JYP building was silent, I didn't trust myself to talk, I was also too nervous to start conversation.

And I think Chae was well aware of that fact, even if I didn't clue her in on the real reason I wanted to surprise the boys.

As we pulled up to the back entrance my heart was practically beating out of my chest, I checked my pulse, a habit I had picked up from Felix.

Taking a shaky breath I stepped out of the car, now the cold weather seemed to have no effect on me as I forced my legs to follow Chae into the building.

Why am I so nervous?

I don't have anything to be worried about.

Right?

Chae stopped walking and looked at me sympathetically before placing a hand on my back in comfort.

"It's okay Nar, it's okay, there's nothing to be worried about." She smiled softly at me before turning to walk to the practice room.

Her words, as comforting as they were intended, did little to subdue the butterflies in my stomach and the nausea in my head.

She reached the door to the practice room and opened it without hesitation.

I swallowed thickly and followed in after her.

My eyes immediately scanned the room, the boys looked at us in shock, but I only counted 8 of them.

Felix wasn't here.

I felt my face pale.

That can't be good.

"Where's Felix?" Chae spoke up for me.

I breathed a sigh of relief, I don't think I would've been able to form a coherent sentence in the state I was in.

"He's uh- you know I don't know," Minho responded awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck, "oh wait, try room 35?" His answer coming out more as a question.

Chae glared at him, clearly furious.

Spinning on her heel, she pushed past me and into the hallway, a pissed off look on her face.

Deciding to follow her, I nodded to the boys and closed the door behind me.

She looked crazed as she paced the hall, looking at the signs on all the doors.

"Oh wait GOT7?" She perked up, stopping in front of the door, "no, focus Chae." She chastised herself before continuing on her search.

I looked down at the other end of the hall, towards the way we came, before my eyes fell on what she was looking for.

Room #35

My legs turned to jelly as I forced myself to move towards the door.

I reached to turn the knob and prayed that I was really this worked up over nothing and that he was just practicing alone.

Ignoring the blood rushing in my ears, I turned the knob slowly at first, before twisting it quickly and pushing the door open.

I stood in the door frame, absorbing the sight in front of me.

Minho was right, Felix was in Room #35.

But I was wrong, he wasn't alone.

Apparently I was either so silent in my arrival or my presence was so lackluster that Felix didn't turn his attention to me.

He instead kept it on her.

Who I'm assuming is Jinsoul.

I felt my confidence shrink as I admired her long white blonde hair that made her gorgeous dark eyes stand out.

She was absolutely beautiful

And she was currently flirting with my soulmate.

A throat cleared behind me, catching me by surprise.

I turned to see Chae behind me, looking absolutely murderous, with her glare currently fixated on Felix.

He jumped away from the girl and looked at us with wide eyes.

"Oh h-hey, aren't you two supposed to be here tomorrow?" He asked, his voice wavering with nervousness.

"Aren't you supposed to be faithful?"

• • •

oops??
Sorry y'all
But I love cliffhangers
*evil laugh*
Anywoo no hate to Jinsoul, I love her w my whole heart:)

Also, umm I Am You??
Ya girl is still quaking
I got both my albums and I FINALLY PULLED A FELIX PHOTOCARD
i mean it was from the preorder benefit but it still counts and i am ECSTATIC.
What's your favorite song on the album??