Chapter 17 (Enemy Looking In)

Hannah

I found that doing what Satan wished before he asked was a better way to become Satan's favorite. Course, I understood his tactics. Unlike most, I didn't trust him, ever. I knew better, considering he is not loyal to any soul besides his own. (Not that he even had one.)

I bursted through Carrie's front door, the petty quarrels distracting the Chosen Ones from the real enemy at sight. I made my way down the hallway, straight in to Ethan's room. Him and his girly were missing, but that made it all the better. I planted several of bombs in places around the room, in case Ethan grew smart. Of course, Satan hated Ethan. And so, I would take him out just to please him. Or at least cause chaos within the place where the enemies reside.

I escaped the house without even being seen, after a Chosen One shot another down with the a gun, the Chosen Animals intervening before there was a blood bath. They were just like us Enemies, if not worse....

I slammed into an extremely warm body, catching myself before falling. I was almost instantly ready to beg for my life, considering I felt that it was one of them. I can't go back to Hell.

"Mini Satan," I teased, his ember flames rising in rage, his pale chest bare and visible under his fancy cloak.

"I'm against him for a reason, therefore I am nothing like him. I may look like him, and I may be part of him, but I am not him."

"Someone's feisty about it," I tried to ruffle his already temperamental feathers. But I had this weird feeling about him. Like I was safe. But maybe that's because I could beat his scrawny ass in a fight.

"Yeah? And why are you here? Being Satan's little bitch? At least I run my own show." I snarled at him, and I couldn't help but to lend a fist. He caught it, but barely. Wouldn't want to mess up his pretty face.

"Satan told me about you. He kept you as prisoner, and all you ever wanted to do was upstage your daddy. Maybe if you were better than him, you would've broken free on your own rather than some Chosen One setting you free when at their mercy." That's right. Appalion didn't even escape on his own. The weakest of many (Cody Drew) set him free before he perished into the dimension himself.

I walked away from Appalion, collecting information as we had spoke. I evaluated the amount of power Appalion owned, only to steal it for myself at some point. I may be a simple shapeshifter now, but I was on my way to being legendary, maybe even get a chance to slip Satan's throne right out from under him.