26

Arthit found himself in front of an intimidating man, Phana's father, the next day itself.

He sat there fidgeting.

Everything about him screamed money and power and absolute domination.

"So you are Arthit"

Arthit knew he was not asking . He already knew it, but still he replied,

"Yes sir"

"What's your relation with Phana?"

"He is.....I am....we are lovers"

Phana's father raised an eyebrow at that.

"Listen here Arthit, while I am still being nice. Stay away from him. Then he will marry Namtarn"

"Why? Why are you so against us?"

"Are you seriously asking me that? Tell me, what can you give Phana?"

"My unconditional love and companionship"

"That's it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Namtarn can provide him with the same things. Along with a family, status, enhancement in career, and acceptance in society. What about you?"

"........."

"His future with you is nothing but dark. If you really care about him, won't you want best for him?"

"........ "

"Think about it and answer. Am sure you won't disappoint me"

With that, Arthit was shown out. He came here, full of ideas and counter backs. His head full of the promise made to Phana.

But it can't be said that right now. He was made to face reality. A bitter and sad reality. Did he really wanted Phana to face all that in the future? For him? Was he worth all of it?

He felt depressed. His future along with Phana's looked so bleak and gloomy to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Arthit was playing around with his food. His hunger long gone ever since that talk.

It had made him think, a lot. And no Matter how he thought about it, he was drawing only one conclusion.

"Oon", Namtarn interrupted.

They were the only one at the house. Phana had a night duty today.

Today of all days.

"Hmmm?"

"What happened?"

"Nothing"

"Come on. Am not buying that. Am your friend. You can tell me. Is it about Phana?

"I met his dad today"

"And he asked you to stay away from him, right?"

".....  ...."

"So, what do you think?"

"I think.....I should leave"

"Oh!! Why?"

" Because being with me will bring nothing but misery to him. I don't know, what to do"

"Oon... listen. If you really love Phana. You should do what is best for him. Even if that means leaving"

"You think so?"

"Yes."

"........."

Later that night, Arthit was laying on bed, trying to sleep. Trying to come to a conclusion.

He grabbed Phana's pillow and buried his head into it.

A tear silently slid down.

And as if on cue, his phone rang. He picked it up.

"Hey chubby"

"Hi"

"You ate?"

"I did. What about you?"

"Hmmm...gonna eat now"

"You better. Don't skip your dinner"

"Hey chubby... Arthit...are you crying?"

"No..am not"

"Come on..babe tell me. Or else I'll leave my duty here to come ask you"

"Nothing...just am missing you"

Phana groaned on the other side, " aaarrgghhh...how is it any better. Now I want to come back all the more!! Wait for me na. I'll be back by 8 In the morning. Then we can have breakfast together"

Arthit chuckled, "sure"

"Gotta go now. Good night Arthit"

"Good night Phana"

He felt a little better after talking to him, and a little relaxed too. Sighing, he went back to sleep. Today was a long day, and tomorrow would be longer.

--------------------------tbc-------------------------