18

Arthit and Phana were sitting sitting on the terrace outside Arthit's room.

It was a cool, clear night and a slightly scented wind was blowing. He wondered which flowers could it be. Because the fragrance accompanied by Phana's presence in this night, was making the atmosphere very romantic.

It unleashed a dozen of butterflies in his stomach.

He glanced at Phana, they both were sitting with them leaning on their hands placed behind them.

A gentle wind came by and ruffled Phana's hair and it tinged Arthit's heart.

He looked at the front again, but slowly crept his hand towards Phana and placed them above his.

And without even looking, Arthit could tell Phana was smiling, because he was too.

"It's a beautiful night", remarked Phana.

"It is"

"But there are not many stars tonight"

"If you want to see stars, you should come to my village. The view is stunning from there. Infact, what are you doing this weekend? We can go if you are free"

"Are you asking me out for a date?"

A blush crept on Arthit's cheeks," yes"

Phana gave him a quick peck.

"Thank you"

"Don't you have to go home?"

"But you are here"

"So?"

"I want to stay here"

"........"

Arthit looked at Phana again. Why are all his words binding on him.

"What? You want another kiss??", Phana teased.

"Hey!! No!! I was just thinking"

Phana turned to look at him,

"About?"

"About you, me, us. I don't know much about you. Same for you"

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything"

Phana chuckled at that,

"Let's start with my family. For me it's only my father and me. And even my father was a doctor. My mother died few years back"

"What's your father like?"

"He is strict and dominating. But he is still a good person", Phana said and smiled.

Seeing that smile, Arthit concluded that Phana loved his father very much.

"What about you?", Phana asked.

"I am the only son. And my parents live in village. They both are very doting and understanding."

"Hmm....will they accept us?"

"Am sure, they will. What about your father? Will he accept us?"

Phana frowned," I don't know. Maybe not."

They both sighed. Their thoughts turning gloomy at the future hurdles they had to face.

After some time, Phana spoke,

"Were you serious?"

"About?"

"You still thinking about liking me?"

"Aish...you baka!! Don't you know it already??"

"Know what?", Phana asked teasingly.

"About me and you."

"Us?"

"Yes us"

"What about us?"

Arthit groaned in frustration,

"Just get it already"

"Get what?"

"You won't leave me that easily, won't you?"

"Nope"

"Ok fine!! I don't think I like you!! I know i love you!! And you better love me back!! Or else I'll kill you!!"

Phana chuckled at that.

"How about I show you how much I love you", Phana said suggestively and gave a quick kiss on his neck.

"You... you...you are a beast!! It was just an hour ago that we, we....!!"

"We what?"

"Ugh!! Am not dealing with you right now. Go away!!"

Arthit said and stomped inside his room and slammed the door shut.

After a few moments, Phana called him,

"Arthit", very softly, so softly as if the walls might hear it, as if he was whispering in his ears, as if, Arthit was the most precious thing on earth.

"Am tired", he added.

Now, how can he refuse that. Arthit opened the door and pulled him inside.

He was still unable to understand what magic does Phana's words  contain.

-----------------------------tbc----------------------