05 | CANDI JERTH

05

candi jerth

~

Dear Asher,

How are you doing? I'm okay, I'm just hoping you're good.

It's been a month since I last wrote to you and I don't know what that means. The last letter was about the anger I saw in you and I can't help but let if affect me.

At that moment, I was okay. But now, I'm kind of afraid. After hours of thought, lack of your presence at school and zoning out multiple times, he came to mind.

I don't understanding why but maybe the girl who walked into the cafeteria, teary eyed and messed up hair, aided my thoughts.

She said you beat her. Grabbed her wrist, pinned her to the wall and punched her in the stomach. Something about an old watch, dead father and abuse.

I watched her son out her story to her best friend, at the table near mine. I had tried my best to listen but only a few words where clear to me. All I knew was that you had beat up a girl and I wasn't going to have a crush who was capable of harming a girl. Those traits belonged to only one man I have ever come across and that man didn't have a special, pretty part in my heart.

Please help me understand, Asher. Help me understand why Candi Jerth, says you abused her physically. Please. Something tells me not to believe her. But something tells me not to trust you.

Yours sincerely,
Emerald.

~

      MY MIND WONDERS to the small frame of Candi. It goes back to the moment where she walked closer to me, glaring as her arms folded across her chest. Her red hair was tied up in a neat ponytail, blue eyes focused on me.

      "You embarrassed the fuck out of me, Asher." She spat. "How dare you shove me like that."

      I think of how I only looked the other way. Maybe I should have apologized, or at least looked at her as she spoke the spiteful words.

      "You'll see what Candi can do," she declared. "And you'll regret ever rejecting me, boy."

      With that, she had left me and in a few hours, I had the title of abuser.

      I look over at Emerald but I can't bring myself to hold the stare for much longer. I feel like rubbish for being that type of person in her eyes. I hope she knows the truth.

      But who did this to her? Who hurt her in such a way that affects her so much? I hope it doesn't hinder her from waking up. I need her to. She needs herself to wake up. She deserves it.

~

heylo,

I hope you liked the chapter and please don't forget to comment and vote.

what do you guys want emerald to do? Wake up or should get journey end here? I'll finish this with chapter 24 so there's more to come.

But I want suggestions because I still don't know if she'll wake up or not.

qotc: Nicki or Cardi????