2. rescued

The Carters floods through my earphones as I walk home from work. It has been over a week since the mysterious businessman visited the cafe. I can't get him out of my head. His voice, his eyes, his lips, his soft looking hair. I might be going crazy.

The street lights above me flick on and off, bathing me in a cold glow as I trudge down the street. I pull my jacket closer around me, shivers shaking down my spine. Through my music, I can almost hear footsteps. I try to shake the feeling of being watched off, assuming I'm just being paranoid. Turning my music a tad up, I continue on my way home.

Thoughts of Jake and I are capturing my attention, as I walk down the street. I know it shouldn't be this way. I shouldn't dread going home to him. I shouldn't be more excited to see a mysterious stranger than my boyfriend. We've been together for 2 years now, and I don't want this to end. Especially not like this. And I know I shouldn't think like this. He gave me a home and someone to trust. Even if I do decide to break up, where would I go? The paychecks from the café would not cover for an apartment. I shake my head, deciding to worry about this later.

The current song playing from my iPod ends, making it possible for me to hear my surroundings. A click catches my attention. I don't think more of it until a throaty cough can be heard behind me. I quickly turn my head and notice a person. A guy, I assume, with a red-glowing cigarette in his hand. He smirks as he exhales the smoke, eyeing me. Well, my body. Not me.

I try to turn back around, but I'm stopped by something before me. I clumsily stop and look in front of me to find two other men. They are both covered in dark clothes, making them look even more sinister. Three men are now towering over my smaller frame. I know they can easily overpower me if they want to. And by the threatening looks on their faces, they probably do.

"Ralf, who's this?" One of the other guys asks, his eyes wandering over my body. My legs shake beneath me, as I try to shove one of them away from me, but they just seem to move closer. The way they're caging me with their bodies is making my breathing irregular and head dizzy. I desperately want to get out, but instead, I feel a hand wrap itself tightly around my upper arm.

"I just found her, all alone." His nasty voice is filled with amusement as he pulls me closer, squeezing me in the process. I yelp and try to push his hand off me.

"Let me fucking go." I can feel my temper rising as I hiss at them. They laugh at me, causing my cheeks to heat up.

"Aw c'mon, sweet cheeks," one of the other guys smugly speaks. An expression of anger and disgust appears on my face, as he continues, "You look like someone who could use a little fun." I try to squirm away from their uncomfortable hands. A claustrophobic feeling fills my whole being as I keep trying to get away. This seems so unreal. My mind can't comprehend what's happening around me, so everything seems unclear.

I take a deep breath, trying to shake the feeling of everything closing around me off. A hand slides down my back and settles at my bum. That's when everything seems to snap. I turn to the guy whose hand is placed on top of my back pocket and look him in the eyes, before quickly raising my knee, hitting his crotch. He groans and buckles over, making it a perfect opportunity for me to strike. I move my fist towards his face and punch his jaw. As my fist collides with his face, I hear an awful sound of fingers cracking. Suddenly someone grabs my hair from behind and I'm pushed against the brick wall. My head aches as it hits the hard surface. I don't have time to focus on the pain as someone wraps their hand around my neck.

"You little bitch! There's no way you're getting away from us alive now." He roars. His fingers squeeze around my neck. I wheeze after air and grab his hands, trying to pull them off. It doesn't even affect him and he starts squeezing harder, almost lifting me off of my feet. Over his shoulder, I can see the guy I punched. His face is flushed and his eyes are full of anger. He starts getting blurry as tears form in my eyes. I can't believe this is happening. Everything seems so unreal, but the pain proves that this is happening. I can't escape. Still trying to rip off his hands, I feel myself losing consciousness.

My legs kick and flail and my teary eyes are focused on the man's face. A venomous smile spreads across his face. In the background, I sense yelling and a silhouette appears behind my strangler. Suddenly, a fist collides with his face and I am immediately let go off. My throat burns as my lungs fill with oxygen and I cough uncontrollably. I back away from the place on the wall I just before was close to dying at, and move away from the men. A tall figure has gotten a hold of my attacker and I watch as the stranger slams the man against the brick wall. A thud sounds when the heavy body hits the ground. It doesn't take many punches to knock out the second guy, the new guy effortlessly hits him, turning his entire body with the strikes. The last man barely makes eye contact with the stranger, before he runs off. Then, it's just me and my savior. If you can call the violent man such.

I inhale sharply as he turns around and starts walking to me with large strides. The man wears a simple white, button-down shirt and black pants. He isn't even out of breath, but I don't let my mind focus on that for long. The familiarity of his face is what whirls my head around. He's the man from the cafe. The beautiful man.

"Are you okay?" He asks me with a serious tone.

"I think so," my voice is surprisingly raspy and I cough some more. The man frowns at me, looking severely displeased. I just hope it wasn't with me.

"Did you know them?"

"No, I've never seen them before." My answer almost comes out like a whisper. "I can't thank you enough for coming to my rescue, though," I add, sincerely. He simply nods at me, a grave expression still coating his face.

"Can I walk you home?"

* * *

Hey, thank you so much for reading this chapter!

It'd mean the world to me if you'd vote and comment <3