Chapter Sixteen: The Perfect Thing

Start from the beginning

Y/N's POV

I opened my eyes, to see JJ roll his eyes, tossing the boot back. Tobi and Simon walked back, "Where have you lads been? Thought we lost you." I said with a giggle as I slipped the boots on. I wiggled my toes inside, they fit perfect. "U-Uh nowhere..." I looked up confused at Tobi who answered, I shrugged, "You guys are strange." I pulled out my camera, filming my little boots on the camera, I pointed the camera up at all the guys, then zoomed in at JJ. I was about to make a driving joke, but Harry beat me to it. He jumped into frame, presenting JJ, "Guess who almost got us killed!!!" He said doing jazz hands. JJ gritted his teeth in rage, gently shoving Harry back, but it still sent Harry stumbling, "Oh shut up." Tobi now jumped in, Simon now doing jazz hands around Tobi, "Guess who saved our livessss!" Tobi smiles in pride, he lifts up his hands, pointing his thumbs at himself, "This guy!" I turned the camera at myself, "I'll explain it at the house. Now to you future Y/N!" I turned off the camera quickly, "You guys are a bunch of dorks." Harry laughed, "You gonna get the boots?" I nodded happily, "Yup!" I went to walk back to the bench to take them off, but Harry quickly swept my feet, I let out a yelp as he held me in his arms, bridal style. I squealed and kicked, trying to get out. "You were taking too long!" He wined, "Now stop moving, i'm trying to get the boots off!" I sighed, pouting as he took off the boots.

Simon's POV:

I watched as Harry held Y/N in his arms, making my heart shatter. The ring in my pocket felt heavier and heavier, the ring was pretty much a promise ring, if she accepted, she'd be with me. I don't even know why I bothered, I just wanted to run out and throw it in the trash. I went to run, but my legs wouldn't even move. After he took the boots off, he set her gently on the bench, smiling with his prince charming grin, "See? It wasn't that bad and you didn't even have to do that much work." She rolled her eyes, "Let's just get the gosh darn-..." She took a minute, thinking about what she was saying, "Boots! I'm still getting used to your weird language. Now i'm just gonna go buy them!" She struts off, before anyone else can say a word. We all follow along quickly. Once she was done, we stepped outside of the store, which made me realize the other boys got some stuff as well. "Shopping success?" Asked Tobi as we headed down the mall. She grinned quickly as she looked at a stand, "ICE CREAMMMMMMM!" She squealed running towards it. We all laughed as we chased after her, but it didn't take long, the line was huge. We were backed up for a long time. She looked at all of us, jumping up and down like she was a little kid, "PLEASEEEEE!" She wined. "Fine, but you better not get it in my car!" Says JJ. Everyone starts looking at the menu.

Y/N's POV

"YAY!" I said happily. I looked at the menu, trying to decide, there was like a million options. I looked at the others, who already seemed to know what they wanted. I looked up at Simon, who wasn't sure yet. He squinted his eyes, with his brows furrowed. I looked up at him confused, he was like focusing extremely hard on it. I nudged him in the side and whispered, "How hard is it to pick a flavor?" I said gigging. He looked down at me confused, but then smiled, shrugging, "I-I don't know...!?" But something in his voice seemed off. He went back to looking. It was almost like he couldn't read it. He looked down, pulling out his phone, scrolling through the millions of notifications, "Guessing you decided?" I said softly. He nods, but doesn't say anything else. I wasn't sure what was up with him, "O-Okay...?" I questioned softly, a little hurt. He looks up quickly, realizing what he has been doing, "S-Sorry I-...okay I really don't have an excuse. I-uh...I can't really read it." I couldn't help, but laugh, "That's what your awkwardness was all about!" I said talking softly because he was. He shrugs, "I-I guess." I looked up at the menu, "Well name a flavor you like and i'll see if they have it." He names a flavor, which was one of the first there, "Yup they got it!" I looked at him for a moment, "Do you need glasses?" He smiles, "Well, I do wear them for driving, but-" I interrupt me quickly, "You have glasses and haven't even shown me!!" He grins even better, snickering, "It's not like it's a secret!" I sighed, rolling my eyes.

Tobi's POV:

What after seemed to be hours, we finally ordered what we were getting. We sat around one of the tables, all laughing. "HUDDLE UP!" Yells Y/N, totally forgetting the fact that we're in public and she should be a little quiet. We huddle up anyways, but then she glares, "With your ice cream!" We all quickly grab it, huddling as she holds out her phone for a photo, but she's unable to get everyone in it. Simon laughs, taking the camera from her. She groans, "You and your stupidly long arms..." She mumbles. Everyone quickly copies her face and before she can say anything, Simon snaps the photo of all of us pouting. The guys and her couldn't keep it together, including me, Simon snaps photos of all of us laughing, but then we all actually just smile normal, I couldn't help, but think it was a cute picture. Then it got ruined when Harry went to bite Y/N's ear playfully, she runs off right before he can do it, "What the heck is wrong with you!" She takes her finger to the ice cream and puts it right on top of Harry's nose. He quickly tries to lick it off, but fails at doing so terribly. I look over at Simon, who smiles, but his eyes says it all, he was jealous. He really is like a sad puppy.