Chapter 17: Shed and Skiis

Lapis POV: First Person

All eyes turned upstairs from the sudden shouts. Moans followed the sudden outburst.

"Ugh, Pearl!"

Peridot raised her eyebrows, Jasper's mouth fell open, and Garnet's eyes widened. My own mouth hung open with surprise.

"Hm, Amethyst?"

Garnet shushed Peridot who had slammed her hands on the table. Jasper started laughing.

"OH! I'M SO SORRY AMETHYST!"

I covered my mouth to stop myself from snorting.

Another moan could be heard from, who I was guessing, Amethyst.

"What do you think, Pearl? You KNEED me!"

Peridot and Jasper both covered their mouths as well, faces red from the strain of holding their laughter in.

"I didn't mean to!"

"Why were you on top of me anyways?"

"I-I don't know!"

Peridot pounded the table with her fist.

Light pounding could be heard from upstairs, followed by slightly heavier steps. In a few seconds, both Pearl and Amethyst had arrived downstairs, staring daggers at us. Amethyst raised her hand in front of her to speak, but closed her mouth, blushing.

Pearl placed her arms on her hips firmly. Man, if looks could kill...

"Did you guys not think it was important to tell us we were asleep ON TOP of each other?" Pearl shouted, pointing to an embarrassed Amethyst.

Jasper shrugged, smirking. "Well, it was more of you on top of Ame, but you can have your dreams..."

Pearl's face erupted in red. Amethyst waved at all of us, face a light shade of scarlet. Peridot jumped up from her seat, ripping the earbud from my ear. She nearly tackled Amethyst with a hug.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU HOEEE!" Peridot yelled into Amethyst's ear. Amethyst laughed, hugging Peridot back.

"Thanks, Dot," Amethyst chuckled, ruffling Peridot's hair.

Jasper and Garnet both stood as well, which I took as my cue to get up as well. Pearl looked at Amethyst in realization.

"Happy Birthday runt," Jasper joked, patting Amethyst on the back.

"Thanks, giant," Amethyst responded, jumping up to slap Jasper's back in return.

"Happy Birthday, Ame," Garnet said, hugging Amethyst. Thanking her, Amethyst turned to Pearl who picked her up and hugged her to her chest. Amethyst's face shone a bright red.

"Happy Birthday, Amethyst," Pearl yelled. Amethyst smiled widely. After setting Amethyst back on her feet, Pearl quickly kissed her on the cheek.

I jumped to Amethyst, shouting a "Happy Birthday!" into her ear and hugging her. She thanked me, hugging back.

Amethyst sat down between Garnet and Pearl. Peridot brought her back an omelet, along with a large plate of bacon which she set in the middle of the table. Amethyst quickly snatched two pieces of bacon from the plate.

Peridot sat back next to me, grabbing a piece of bacon. She offered her earbud back to me, which I took.

We all ate and chatted merrily until we had finished our breakfast. After thanking Peridot for taking all of our plates back, we discussed what we would do for the day.

"What do you have to do here, Peri?" Amethyst asked.

Peridot thought for a second before responding, "Hmmm... Obviously swim, volleyball, basketball, ping-pong, tennis, jet-skiing-"