Chapter 3: Planned Vacations

Peridot was excited. She'd finally be able to use the lakehouse again, (which was nice by the way), and she wouldn't be spending Christmas break alone - like usual.

Peridot was used to her parents being gone, but sometimes it got lonely. Yeah, friends could come over, but she didn't have someone who cared for her like a parent should. Sure, she had Amethyst, but she couldn't always be around.

Both Peridot and Amethyst walked to Peridot's car. Amethyst knew Peridot could have pretty much any car she wanted, but she chose to drive a Jeep Wrangler. It was a nice one though, one that Amethyst knew she couldn't afford. Most people were surprised when one of the richest girls at school would drive up in a Jeep instead of a Ferrari.

Peridot started the engine and turned on the station. No Brainer started. Amethyst and Peridot made eye-contact then both broke out singing.

Peridot started pulling out of the driveway as Amethyst rapped Quavo's part. Peridot laughed when Amethyst slipped up on one part, earning her a light punch on the arm.

Take it from any of Peridot and Amethyst's friends, them singing/rapping together was a show. Peridot was an amazing singer. Amethyst couldn't really sing, but she was great at memorizing any rap part.

About 20 minutes later, they pulled into Amethyst's driveway. Compared to Peridot's house, Amethyst's was like a shed. She lived in a small one-story house that anyone with Peridot's wealth might laugh at. But Peridot never did.

Peridot was the nicest person Amethyst had ever known, and Amethyst was the nicest person Peridot had ever known. Peridot would always stick up for Amethyst when people bullied her about her family or situation, and Amethyst would always stick up for Peridot when she was bullied for her height or brains. They were always there for each other.

And that's why Amethyst's dad liked Peridot so much. To Peridot, Amethyst's dad was pretty much her dad.

Peridot and Amethyst opened the door with the key Amethyst had with her. Peridot bounded into the house and yelled for Amethyst's dad.

"Hey P-dog. What's up?" Amethyst's dad appeared from the kitchen with large kitchen mitts on his hands.

"Hey J-Dog. So, I was wondering..." Peridot started.

"Wow, that's new," Amethyst's oldest brother, Greg, said from the couch.

Amethyst's dad rolled his eyes. "Anyways, what were you saying Peridot?"

Peridot was so excited to break the news that she didn't even retaliate to Greg. "We both know Amethyst's birthday is nearing upon us. So I was thinking, we should use my lakehouse to throw a party!"

Mr. Quartz froze in place. Even Greg paused the TV and turned around to face Peridot.

"Peridot..." Amethyst's dad started to say.

"Woah, before you say anything, this won't cost me any money, plus you all can come along." Peridot gave her best convincing smile.

Amethyst's dad smiled then rubbed the bridge of his nose. He looked at Amethyst, then at Peridot, then back at Amethyst.

"Well, Amy, what do you think about this?"

Amethyst smiled. "I actually think its a good idea! It'd get us away from this depressing place after Christmas and it'd be good for Peridot too, since she always spends Christmas alone."

Amethyst's dad gave a pitiful look to Peridot, who was smiling sadly. "And you said we could all go?"

Peridot smiled wide again. "Yeah! It'd be a vacation for everyone!"

Greg had been watching this whole conversation play out from the couch. "C'mon dad! Peridot and Amy are making good points."

Amethysts dad rubbed the back of his neck. "Are you sure your mom is fine with this?"

Peridot's smile faded but quickly returned. "My mom doesn't care what I do. I don't think she'll randomly have interest in my life right now."

"C'mon dad? For Peridot? For me?" Amethyst was full begging now.

Amethyst's dad sighed and smiled. "Fine. When do we leave?"

What's up guys? I'm warning you now, next chapter may be sad or I may introduce Lapis, I don't really know yet. I'm trying to make this story stretch out enough to actually be a thought out story, but at the same time I don't want to bore you guys. So if you're going to wait longer, it'll only be ONE MORE CHAPTER, I promise!

Anyways, I hope y'all have a great day and enjoyed this chapter!