"One chance. Surrender, and you won't get hurt." Volt spat. "That's my offer."

"Ha! I should be making that offer to you, boy." Tremor laughed. The noise suddenly stopped and Sparrow gasped. The room suddenly became cold. "I am your weakness."

Volt narrowed his eyes, before smirking. "Sure, you're my weakness, but I happen to have a pal who doesn't have any." He said, just as a portal opened up beside him and Nick leapt through, going down on one knee as he shot a blast of energy at Tremor from his fist. Tremor dodged quickly and laughed.

"Void." Tremor said with a nod. He narrowed his eyes and smiled as Nick tried to create another blast but failed. "Like I said, I am weakness itself."

"Then maybe you need a little shock back to reality." Volt growled, before his eyes started glowing black and the lights started to flicker, every outlet sparking. Void looked at Sparrow.

"Get down!" He yelled, leaping behind a chair for cover. Sparrow ducked under the desk and looked at Volt with fear.

"Don't kill him!" she yelled at Volt who gave her a confused look.

Volt dipped his head sharply, before shouting as hundreds of bolts of electricity suddenly struck him, streaming from every light, outlet, or power cord. With a sudden loud snapping noise, the entire hideout was plunged into darkness, only for Volt to take off running, his lightning providing a little light as he began circling in a single spot, going faster and faster as the lightning around him began to build up, the air actually beginning to crackle with ozone.

"Think before you act, boy." Tremor sneered. "Remember, I own Spare. Anything you do to me will happen to her."

"I think you'll find that you don't own anything." Volt said as he skidded to a stop, bringing an arm flinging around as he launched a lightning bolt through the air, missing Tremor but blowing a giant chunk out of the wall. Tremor glared at the speedster but didn't take any action. Sparrow slowly crawled out from under the desk and placed her mask back on over her eyes. She lifted herself to her feet and stood next to Volt.

"It's time for me to live on my own." She said, lifting her chin despite her trembling voice. "I can't live like this forever. I made up my mind. I'm leaving with Volt."

Tremor glared at Volt. He lifted his hand and caused a ball of ice to float in his palm. The windows of the room suddenly were glazed with frost. Sparrow started to shiver as she realized that she could now see her breath. She looked up at Volt who refused to show any weakness. Tremor realized that he couldn't break Volt as easily as he wanted. He took a few steps back and clicked a button on his desk. Suddenly several sirens started to go off outside. Spare had to cover her ears to avoid the effect of the noise.

"We need to go now." She whispered. Volt looked at her and nodded.

"Void, open a portal." The speedster said to Nick.

"Got it." Nick said and tried to open a portal but failed. He tried again but nothing happened.

"Nobody is leaving this base." Tremor sneered. His gaze went from Volt to Sparrow then back to speedster. "I will not let the girl that I have taken care of for the past five years roam around the city with a target on her head. Especially not with a reckless boy in tights."

Volt narrowed his eyes as they flashed with anger, before there was a kringing sound and he raised a familiar gun to Sparrow, the sides glowing with white LEDs as the end glowed whitish-blue.

"I'd consider surrendering Tremor." Volt growled. "I made some adjustments to Ice's gun, and its engine runs off the Speed Force now. You really think you're powerful enough to avoid a blast of ice moving at super speed?"

"Would you really kill me I front of her?" Tremor said with a smile.

Volt tapped something with a finger on the hand that was holding the gun, and a timer set for five minutes appeared in red LED's, before it started counting down.

"In five minutes, the gun will explode." Volt said. "And freeze everything within a ten-block radius solid. So, unless you want all your wards to die, I'd give up Sparrow and let us leave."

"Fine." Tremor growled. "But I'm only doing this because there are people I care about in this building. I am responsible for every living soul here."

Volt smirked, before he nodded at Void. Nick nodded as he thrust a hand forwards, and a portal opened up. Void leapt through, and Volt grabbed Sparrow before racing through the portal, finding themselves back in the main control center of Volt's team as the portal closed behind them.

"That was a risky move Volt," Dr. Watcher said from where he sat in his wheelchair. "You put the outcome of that whole thing into a bluff."

"I thought it was a smart move but you could have been caught." Sparrow said, leaning against a wall. "You know that he will come after us."

"That's what's good about this place," Volt said as he pointed at one of the screens showing the layout of the building. "We've rigged power dampeners all throughout the building. A powered human comes in who's hostile, we can activate them and they'll be powerless."

"Wow." Spare said in awe. She took a closer look at the screens. "Have you tested it? How does it know if someone is hostile?"

"The system doesn't." Nick said, leaning back in his chair. "We do. And yes, we've tested them. We've had a couple invade the building trying to get vengeance against Dr. Watcher."

"Who was the couple?" Sparrow asked, turning to Dr. Watcher