when the party's over

i awoke to freezing water being poured over my head. as the water was being poured over me, i could feel a headache coming on again.

once the water was done being poured over me, i looked around to see where i actually was. it looked like a basement. there were concrete walls, a mattress, and a small table in the corner of the room with a radio on it.

the only light source was a single bulb that hung from the ceiling, creating little light.

i looked at myself to see if i was okay, which i was, but i was dripping wet. i was tied to a chair in the middle of the room, but i didn't have duct tape over my mouth anymore.

as i was looking over the room, i spotted someone standing in the corner. i couldn't make out any of their features due to the dim light.

i couldn't tell if they noticed i was staring or not because they didn't move. as i continued to stare at them, i also felt around for my pocket knife, which was usually in my back pocket.

"don't even try, we already confiscated all of your weapons. you didn't think we were that stupid, did you?" the man said.

he stepped closer towards me. i could make out just enough to tell exactly who it was.

mark.

"for gods sake mark, what do you want? you've already made my life a living hell, what else could you want?" i groan.

he chuckled at my annoyance.

"remember sweetheart, we came here to kill you. you didn't think joining a gang would protect you, would it?"

i rolled my eyes.

"what do you plan on doing with me then?" i ask.

mark smirked. "we plan on slowly killing you. torture really." he grins widely.

and with that, he walks upstairs and locks the door, leaving me by myself.

—————————————

it had been a few days since they'd kidnapped me. they'd come down occasionally to make sure i hadn't escaped. i eventually had gotten out of the ropes that held me to the chair, but they didn't seem to mind, knowing i wouldn't be able to get out anyways.

i haven't been fed since i've been here, which was kind of expected. it didn't bother me that much since i've been in this kind of situation before. i had lost a few pounds, but i didn't worry that much.

i knew i'd have to eat soon though, otherwise i'd get weaker and weaker.

i hadn't done much the past couple of days, what could i do anyways?

i sat on the mattress playing with a strand of hair until i noticed something out of the corner of my eye.

the radio! i completely forgot about it. i stood up and walked over to the radio, bringing it to the mattress.

i might as well listen to music since i have nothing else to do.

i flipped through a bunch of stations until i found a song that i liked.

'when the party's over: billie eilish'

i turned the volume all the way up, not caring if they heard me. i decided to sing along.

don't you know i'm no good for you? i've learned to lose you can't afford to

i stood up and wandered around the room as i sang along

for a second i thought i heard someone open the door, but i didn't care to look.

tore my shirt to stop you bleeding. but nothing ever stops you leaving.

i sat down in the middle of the room, scratching at the floor, swaying my head back and forth to the music, singing along.

quiet when i'm coming home, i'm on my own.

i could lie and say ' i like it like that, like it like that. i could lie and say 'i like it like that, like it like that.'

i stood back up and stared at the wall. after doing nothing for the past couple of days, i felt like i was going insane.

don't you know too much already? i'll only hurt you if you let me

i wandered around the room again, playing with my hair. zoning out to only the music.

call me friend, but keep me closer. and i'll call you when the party's over

quiet when i'm coming home, i'm on my own

that's when i lost it. i fell onto the mattress and broke down crying, halfway singing through sobs. i didn't know what had gotten over me.

and i could lie and say 'i like it like that, like it like that.' yeah, i could lie and say 'i like it like that, like it like that.'

my sobs had quieted down, a few tears slipping out here and there. being alone with my thoughts had me thinking too much. why do i have to be such a fuck up?

but nothing is better, sometimes. once we both said our goodbyes

let's just let it go
let me let you go

i lie down on the mattress, turning to lay on my side. i picked at loose strings on the mattress. something was building up inside me, i just needed to calm down.

quiet when i'm coming home, i'm on my own

i could lie and say 'i like it like that, like it like that.' i could lie and say 'i like it like that, like it like that.'

wiping away tears, i stood up, grabbed the radio, and threw it against the wall, shattering it into pieces.

and with that, i heard the door click shut.