* * *

I walked to Biology with my head down, too consumed in my thoughts of the possibility of me being adopted. I mean, it was impossible. Maybe my dad was right, maybe I was just a fussy kid who didn't like having their photograph taken.

Up until the age of five?

My thoughts were eating my brain space and I was too busy in my head that I didn't even see the person I was walking into. I hit their back with a force that caused them to stumble forwards and me stumble back. The two books I held in my arms went to the floor and I cursed as they fell, "Shit," I bent down to pick them up, not even looking at the person I had walked right into, "I'm sorry, I didn't even see you."

I stood up as the person picked my Biology book up for me. They held it out for me to take with a smile, "It's alright, I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose."

I stood frozen to the floor. My response was caught in my throat, along with my breath as the girl continued to smile at me. I knew her, how could I not? I thought their family was wicked and I had spoken to Angela on numerous occasions regarding them. The one that stood opposite me was Alice Cullen, she had brown cropped hair that was styled into a pixie cut, pale skin like the rest of them, and brown looking doe-eyes.

"N-no, I didn't," I cleared my throat, "I was just too in my head to look where I was going."

She nodded, still smiling, and extended her hand to me, "It's great to finally meet you. I'm Alice, but you already know that." She laughed.

I forced my eyebrows from narrowing at her word choice. Finally? Had she spent the past few weeks examining me like I had her? I had told Angela that I wanted to meet the Cullen's, I found them interesting and I wanted to get to know them. Naturally my eyes fell to them as did everyone else's whenever they appeared.

What also got me was the tone she was speaking to me in. It was like she'd met me before and I was merely an old friend she'd became re-acquainted with after a few years.

I shook her hand, "Sophia Swan, but I have a feeling you already know that."

She just continued to smile before gesturing to the person behind her. I hadn't even realised he was stood there, "This is Jasper Hale."

Jasper only passed me a tight closed mouthed smile, and so I politely returned it, "Nice to meet you."

"You too Sophia."

I pointed my thumb in the direction of where I was to be heading and shrugged my shoulders, "I should probably get going, don't want to be late, but it was nice to meet you — and I'm sorry again for running into you, I really didn't mean it."

"It's fine!" Alice beamed, "I'll see you soon Sophia."

I nodded my head while passing them slowly, "Yeah, catch you both later."

With the weird encounter over, I practically sprinted the rest of the way to Biology. Alice's words were still ringing in my mind, 'It's great to finally meet you,' it confused me how she'd said that before I even told her my name. It was another thing that unnecessarily clogged up my heavy brain.

When I passed through the door to Biology, my eyes widened when I saw Edward sat in his seat next to Bella's. My sister stood in front of me, apparently just as shocked as I. Edward had been a no-show for a while now, almost two weeks I think and now he was back, staring right into the depths of my sisters soul.