Peace

NAKAKABINGING katahimikan ang bumalot sa amin buong biyahe

NAKAKABINGING katahimikan ang bumalot sa amin buong biyahe. Wala akong balak na kausapin siya. Doon lamang ako sa bintana nakatingin, buhat kanina ay hindi ko siya pinukulan ng tingin. Wala akong ibang nararamdaman sa katawan ko sa totoo lang, pero bigla rin akong nakaramdam ng takot dahil baka tama siya. Baka may bali ako na hindi ko nalalaman.

He brought me in the Imperial Mckinley Hospital. I covered my face when we entered the lobby. A Doctor that I believe, Shawn's closest friend approached us and assisted us inside a private room. He interviewed me first and I was frigging embarrassed by telling him the story, in front of Shawn. But the Doctor professionally told me what to do. I made a major x-ray and some laboratory checkup.

"It's good that you didn't use your hands or feet," the Doctor said.

"I didn't. But my butt hurts."

He nodded and told that I didn't get any fracture. He even attended my scratches and game me a medicine to heal it quickly. He explained more and told us just in case I feel something painful don't hesitate to come back.

I waited outside and let Shawn spoke on the Doctor. Feeling relieved that I am perfectly fine, now all I could feel was that I am starving. I looked around the vicinity and wondered how I am going to say this with Shawn. I stood up when I saw the group of nurses and a Doctor running along with them the stretcher of a pregnant woman.

My throat dried as I saw the woman breathe hardly until the door of Delivery Room swallowed them and disappeared on my sight.

Nagulat ako ng hawakan ni Shawn ang aking braso.

"May masakit ba sa'yo? Why? Did someone hurt you?"

"May nakita akong manganganak. She's breathing hard and I feel like I saw Jyra in the same state. It's scary."

From worried and anxious, his expression suddenly shaded with amusement. "Bakit ka natatakot?"

I remained scared. It was my first time to see a woman on that state. When we heard that Jyra was sent to the Hospital with Malik for her delivery, my parents, Uncles and Auntie's were all worried. Now I understand. It was really scary. The adrenaline rush, and you will really feel worried once you witness it.

"Kasi babae ako. I can get pregnant."

"Of course, you can."

For us who are still young and naïve, we didn't know the danger about pregnancy state. And right from my eyes, when I saw how the man beside the pregnant woman held his wife's hand and told her to breathe in and out, it's cool and amazing.

If I get pregnant, would the father of my child stay with me just like how that man did to his wife?

Shawn looked me in the eyes. "Don't be scared. If it is you on her shoes I won't leave you I promise."

Kung mabubuntis ako ay hindi niya ako iiwan? Bakit? Kumurap-kurap ako sa sinabi niya. Hanggang sa mapagtanto ko kung ano ang ibig niyang sabihin. Mabilis akong umiwas ng tingin. Pinuno ang aking baga ng hangin.