Better Die

THERE are many more problems bigger than I had

THERE are many more problems bigger than I had. Like those struggles about life. Cancer patients. They prayed deeply because they wanted to be cured. They probably asked the creator why they have to be sick. Among many people, why it is her/him? Can their lives be normal? And some people starved for food. They were born poor so their family had to strive just to earn enough money for their son and daughter. They are wishing to have a better life. Just like the way I have. The royalty name. Socialite. Sparkling golds and diamonds. I can eat whatever I want. I can buy anything I want, whether it was expensive. It doesn't matter because I don't have a problem with that.

In the eyes of many people, they thought I don't bear gigantic problems. If I could have, it will be easy to resolve. Who knows? I am actually pressured.

"Duchess, what are you doing in the Philippines? And why you left your body guard in Clock Tower?"

I stopped from walking and let my luggage stand on its own feet. "Mom, Dad is here. What's the matter?" I removed my aviator and checked for the white car that Millicent told me.

"Honey, walang nakakaalam kung nasaan ka. Nag-aalala ang lolo mo!"

Kaya nga ako narito. I am sick with their mantra. They wanted me to have a child as soon as possible. I can't breathe with this— supposed huge as ocean problem. I am barely twenty-one, not a child anymore but not a prepared woman to have a daughter or a son. I am still enjoying my life. Are they concern with me? Really? Did they ask me if I have a boyfriend? Of course, they didn't know. How would they know? I didn't bring one. My entire life, I'd chewed on shopping, socializing with my socialite cousins and friends, and believe that no man can stand on my level except with Drew— no, he is the only man for me.

I moved a little forward and glanced left and right. I see one on the right side. Maybe, that was him. I grabbed the handle of my luggage and answered, "Tell him, I am doing fine. I will call you again. Good bye."

I turned off my phone. Reaching the white car, I crouched a little and knocked on the windshield. I stood back when it moved down.

"Magandang umaga po."

The man smiled at me. I didn't.

"Ma'am Duchess, magandang umaga po." Lumabas ito upang tulungan ako sa aking dalang gamit.

I slid on the backseat and checked myself from the rearview mirror. When he slid on the driver seat, I thanked him. He brought me in Nightingale Palace where my cousin, Millicent book me. I was told that my cousin, Jyra Keith had a unit there. I wonder where it was.

I got my second phone. Before I proceeded in the exit I bought a sim here in the Philippines. Drew gave me his Philippine local number, I can call him and asked where he is. I smirked at the thought of how would he react with my surprise visit?

My journey from Terminal five going to Nightingale was five minutes. Sinabi sa akin ni manong na kung may pupuntahan ako, siya ang tawagan. Kinuha ko na rin ang numero niya para kunwari ay gagawin ko ang malamang sa inutos ni Millicent.