CHAPTER NINE: JIMIN

"Yoongi!"
     A low groan as the omega rolls over in his bed and burrows deeper under the sheets.
     I huff and climb onto the bed, shaking him slightly. "Yoongi!"
     His eyes snap open and he sits up in a panic. I cover his mouth as he tries to scream. "Hush! It's just me."
     His eyes finally adjust to the dark and I smile. "J-Jimin? Holy crap you scared me! What are you doing here so late?" He yawns, stretching.
      I bounce excitedly. "Well...I've been thinking about what you said."
     "What I said?" He frowns, still groggy from sleep.
      I nod. "About wanting more and feeling trapped and all. Well you know how I know everything that goes on around here..."
      He flushes for some reason but nods. "Yeah so?"
      "Tonight all the betas are gone to a mandatory training. Since our matings are coming up this week."
      He stares at me blankly.
      "Which means no one is guarding our rooms or the doors! We can, I don't know, go out of the sanctuary and explore. Our only chance at freedom before our mating." I giggle excitedly.
      He gasps and stumbles out of bed. "Are you serious? Isn't that dangerous, though?"
      I roll my eyes. "Says the crazy omega that complains day in and day out about our circumstances. Do you want to go outside or not? This is our only opportunity!"
      He looks away, contemplating. "Is Jin going, too?"
      I nod. "He doesn't know it yet but of course he will." I scoff. "You think he'd let us go alone?"
      "Okay. Okay, what are we going to wear? Where are we going?"
     I shrug. "I guess our robes will have to do. We can go anywhere so long as we get back before the betas do."
      We walk quietly through the corridor to Jin's room. I wake him and explain the same thing to him as I had to Yoongi. It takes a lot of coaxing but eventually he agrees to join us.
      "We won't get in trouble if we aren't caught. We'll be back before anyone noticed we're gone." I shrug.
      "How long do we have?" Yoongi asks as we near the front doors to the sanctuary. They both frown as I effortless put in the long code to open the door. "How do you know the code?"
      I smile. "I told you—I know everything. I see everything." I tuck my robe more tightly around me as we exit the sanctuary. It's cold but the fresh air feels amazing on my face.
      We sneak quite effortlessly out of the side garden and to the high wall separating the sanctuary from the rest of the world.
     I run my hand along the wall, trying to find the secret door Rose accidentally told me about one day. I smile when my hands run over the rougher chipped surface. I push hard and the secret door opens.
      Of course as we stare into the dark forest, we become more hesitant. Our hearts pounding. This really is dangerous but I want this. Our entire lives have been monitored and controlled for our safety and purity.
      Once we're mated it's sure to only get worse and stricter. Our bodies will no longer belong to us either when we're heavy with pups. I don't want to run away from my responsibilities...I just want to experience one night of true freedom. Just one.
       "Let's go."

     "We're lost."
    I shoot a panicked look at Jin who seems on the point of hyperventilating. Yoongi sits with his back to a tree, tossing rocks mindlessly into the river.
     "N-no! We'll find it. We couldn't have gone that far!" I argue.
      He shakes his head, a bitter smile on his lovely face. His hands shaking. "We're lost. Just admit it, Jimin. It's almost sunrise. We're going to be in so much trouble. You know this could affect our matings." Yoongi sighs.
      My shoulders slump in defeat and I take a seat next to him. Our white robes now dirty and wet and it's so cold we can see our breath.
      Jin seems to get a slight hold of himself and sits next to me, curling into my side. "Our betas will be so disappointed. They could lose their lives for our disappearances." He frets.
      I gasp, haven't even thought of that possibility. I never thought we wouldn't be able to make it back. This was a horrible idea.
      "I'm scared." I whisper, admitting defeat. "W-we just have to keep moving."
      "I'm hungry." Jin whispers, his stomach growling loudly.
      To be honest, I'm starving, too. I force my tired body to stand and pull them up with me. "We have to get back. Maybe if we keep following the river we can find it."
      Nodding, they silently agree and we begin walking on the river's path, sticking away from the trees. We walk about an hour before the voices can be heard. We all freeze, trembling. Those...those aren't beta voices. The pitch and tones too aggressive.
Oh, this is bad. This is very bad. Alphas can not see us. My heart rate kicks into overdrive and I can see Jin and Yoongi pale, realizing the same situation.
      "There's no where to hide." Jin panics.
      I search frantically for some kind of cover but he's right. There's nothing. I huddle closer to them as the rowdy bickering voices get closer and closer until I can make out three large forms quickly making their way to our location.
      I tremble as they step out of the tree line and their glowing red eyes become visible. I stop breathing as their eyes widen, taking in the three of us. Freezing as well.
      I've never been so terrified in my entire life. The one on the right steps forward and an angry hatred shines throughout his expression. His fists clench.
     I gasp loudly as I recognize the alpha that I had taken away and imprisoned  so long ago. I never told Jin and Yoongi about it for my shame. He had seen my body. Seen me at my most vulnerable. Rose and the others were able to drag him away from me but I'll never forget the look in his eye as he stared at me at that time.
     I stumble back as he stumbles forward. "You!" He growls. "You destroyed my entire fucking life!"
      All eyes fall on me and I shudder as panic and fear battle inside me. The instinct to run consumes me but I know I could never outrun him. Not an alpha.
      Jin and Yoongi step protectively in front of me as I fall apart in terror. Oh god...we're going to die here.
      Or possibly worse.