Chapter 18- Your Empress

Rey glided down the hall. Her train was trimmed in gold and the top of her black cape incased in a golden pattern. Kylo had requested her special presence for something.  She smiled and the guard surrounding her pushed the doors open. 

"Your majesty." The Empress walked straight into the Emperor's Chambers. She slowly strode in and knelt in front of Kylo.

"My Empress, rise." Kylo smiled and the golden circlet on his raven hair gleamed. "You are ready to become the Empress in full." He chuckled at her blush. "So darling." He tapped her chin with his forefinger.  "How has your day been?" He gently led her to sit down on the dais. 

"It has been... Hard." Her voice cracked. "I keep thinking about their faces. The absolute horror etched on them." A tear slid down her rounded cheek and Kylo brushed it away.

"Do not think about that my darling." He smiled. "You did beautifully." 

Her eyes clouded, but she bit her lip and looked up at her lover. This beautifully sad man had endured much more heart ache than she. 

"Kylo, I am ready." She looked down. 

He turned to face her. His mouth dropped. "You are ready?" 

Glancing up at him, she slowly nodded. "Yes." 

Kylo's face broke out into a giant grin and he plucked the woman before him up into his arms. "I love you my darling." Burying his face into her shoulder, he took a deep breath and removed himself. "Hux!" He yelled.

The ginger general scrambled towards us. "Yes?"

"Prepare the ceremony. Your empress is ready."  He tucked his finger under Rey's chin.