On Track

„Harleen! I need you to calm down for Dick's sake", Batman took her by her shoulders, „Can you take me to the place you saw him the last time"

She slowly calmed down taking a few deep breaths and nodding enthusiastically before raising a brow.

„For WHAT'S sake?!", she asked perplexed but waved it off, „Never mind, don't wanna know. Let's go!"

So she didn't know about his civilian identity...

„We are coming with you!", Kaldur said.

Bruce narrowed his eyes under his cowl before nodding barely visible after he saw their desperate faces.

„Harleen and I will take the Batmobile, take the bio-ship and follow us", he ordered.

„Let's go and get our lil birdy back!", Harley exclaimed suddenly raising her fist in the air.

——————————————

"Déjà vu?", the mad woman asked when she found herself handcuffed in the Batmobile once again.

"The fact that you and Robin are acquainted doesn't mean I trust you", Batman said simply with his usual grumpy voice.

"Acquainted?! We're best pals!", she shrieked hysterically while smiling.

Since it took some time to get to Blüdhaven from Happy Harbor even with traveling through the Zeta tubes Batman decided to question Harley about Robin and her relationship to him.

"When did you two meet?", he asked her.

"Couple weeks ago", she answered nonchalantly before getting an angry facial expression, "He was pretty shooked up 'bout the fact that his buddies and even his daddy abandoned him, are ya even his real dad?"

Batman tried to ignore the crazed woman gripping the steering wheel even tighter till his knuckles whitened under his black gloves.

Harley didn't seem to be pleased with the answer and just got angrier.

"How could you?! Didcha know how he looked when I met him? Can tell ya that. He looked already dead, killed by his loved ones!", she overdramatized  hysterically.

Batman resisted the urge to stop the Batmobile this instant and just throw the madwoman out. Maybe he should throw her out while driving, he thought.

"Harleen, either you can focus on our mission saving Robin or I'll lock you up in Arkham again and this time for sure!", he barked out instead.

After his little outburst the psychotic woman decided to lean into her seat and pout for a little while before giving in.

"Fine! I'm sorry! I'm just worried 'bout him", she mumbled mindlessly, "Not just for now but for his future, he's... he's not alright"

"I know, Harley...", Batman sighed.

——————————————

The team was following the Batmobile in Miss Martian's bio ship, determined and prepared for everything that might come.

Yet they were nervous and worried as hell. They just couldn't bare the thought of the person they all loved being held by The Deathstroke.

"I hope he's alright", Wally mumbled worried lost in his thoughts about what this villain is doing with his Robin.

"Me too. He doesn't deserve whatever is happening to him now...", Artemis told him, "It's all my fault"

Kaldur shook his head.

"This one is on all of us. We are the cause of Dick leaving and we're going to bring him back"

They all nodded.

"Besides, why would Deathstroke hurt Dick if he wanted him as an apprentice?", Megan asked.