⎊ CHAPTER NINE ⎊

'No more counting dollars, we'll be Counting Stars'
༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒

Chapter 9: Father Like Daughter.

Millions of thoughts were rushing through Lilly's head in that single moment, shoving and pushing each other as they fought to become the main though.

Her eyes darted furiously from Tony to Fury, her mouth hanging open slightly from the initial shock of the news she had received mere seconds ago.

Her eyes stopped on Fury, and she gestured to Tony, asking silently for confirmation that he- Tony Stark- was the one Fury was referring to.

Fury nodded, and Lilly turned all of her focus on Tony, who was standing unnervingly still from the sudden focus on him.

His daughter-his daughter- stared up at him, shock evident on her face, her eyes blinking rapidly up at him.

"You...you're my Dad?" She asked, nearly choking on the last word as an un-swallowable lump formed in her throat.

Tony visibly cringed at the foreign sounding last word.

He looked at the girl in front of him, an almost identical female version of him.

He met her eyes-those eyes.

Her mother's eyes, despite their colour.

No.

The colour was all his.

He could not believe he had...assisted in creating this girl, and he didn't know wether or not to cry or laugh at his probably most worthy creation.

"Apparently so Kid." He replied after what felt like years, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly as he let out a deep breath he didn't know he had been holding.

Lilly sniffed , wiping her eyes with the back of her trembling hands.

"Wh-how?" She asked, eyes glassy as her bottom lip quivered slightly from nerves.

Tony didn't answer, unable to find the words for it.

"I...I didn't know you didn't know how 'babies were made',neither did I think of having this conversation so soon..." Tony stated awkwardly, letting out an extremely forced chuckle that died down almost instantly when he saw her face fall.

The room was silent, and Nicky Fury saw this as his chance to escape the oncoming awkward first family conversation.

"I'll leave you two be. Seems like you have a lot to...discuss." Fury murmured, giving Tony a small pat on the back as he left the room.

The door closed with a click, and Tony sighed.

"Listen Kid..." he started, sitting down next to her on the brown couch.

"Lilly. My name is Lilly." She mumbled, bringing her knees up to her chest and resting her head on her knees.

"Lilly then." Tony corrected himself.