⎊ CHAPTER SEVEN ⎊

' I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it'
༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒

Chapter 7: Old memories

"Follow me." Natasha said with authority in her voice, leading Lilly down a hallway.

There were so many weird corridors and hallways in this place that Lilly was struggling to remember and keep up with them.

She was led out to some sort of balcony, and Natasha sat down, dangling her legs over the edge.

Lilly sat next to her, a little far away, and she sat cross legged.

They sat in silence, admiring the now darkening sky.

The spirals Of orange and blue melded and contrasted against each other, with bits of serene pink splattering between the folds.

It was a beautiful painting, and Lilly wanted nothing more than to fly through the colours, and steal them for herself.

The two sat there, mesmerised by the beauty of the sky.

Natasha spoke, breaking the comfortable silence.

"I suppose you have questions for me." She stated, still not looking at Lilly.

"Yeah." Lilly mumbled, resting her elbows on her thighs to hold her chin up.

"You said you knew my mum," Lilly started. "Did you ever meet me?"

Natasha smiled off at the sky.

"I was there with your mum when you were born." She said, smiling at the memory.

"You were so small, and so delicate." she looked over at Lilly.

Lilly felt her cheeks heat up slightly.

"You managed to get me and Clint to fall in love with you from the moment we saw you."

She sighed.

"Your grandparents...they were not as happy with your mother as we were." Natasha said, sucking air between her teeth.

"They were very old fashioned, and hated your mum for having you."

"Oh." Lilly said quietly, wishing for the ground to split and swallow her whole.

Natasha whipped her head towards Lilly, eyes widening slightly.

"Don't look like that Lilly! I'm not saying you are worthless. If anything, your grandparents are just idiotic."

She gave Lilly a soft smile.

"You have no idea how happy me and Clint were when we realised that you were alive, and with us again."
She wiped her eyes, hands shaking.

"You look so much like her." She whispered.

For the first time in her life, Lilly felt beautiful.