"Do you have an idea where you want to go?" She was asked, causing her to look up at Cora.

"Well, I've been following Italian classes ever since I started High School, so I was thinking about a break, just two months or something, in Italy. There's this great area, Tuscany, and I think I'll rent a van or something. Road trip-style, you get it?"

Cora nodded, humming slightly as smiled at Lilian. "I think it's wonderful that you've already thought all your plans out. But don't you think there might be a chance that there'll be a change next year? I mean," Cora chuckled, "You could get a boyfriend for all I know."

Lilian stared at the waitress for a few seconds, blinking. Then, she chuckled. "Oh, Cora, that is such a great joke, the best one I've heard in a while."

Cora raised an eyebrow. "Your brother is one big comedian, and you're saying that you don't hear enough jokes." Lilian's expression went from happy to cold and impenetrable in less than a second.

"Do you see my brother around?" She snapped, "For he's not. He only hangs out with the newbies of town. The Cullens." She pronounces the last words with so much disgust that Cora backed away a little.

"Now, no need to hate them. They're wonderful people, and two of the guys are still single, I've heard." Cora said, wiggling her eyebrows. "Not bad to look at either, from what I've heard. I only met Mrs. Cullen when she came to pick up some food, a few days ago." Lilian huffed.

"Edward Cullen's sixteen, which means: too young, and Jasper Hale..." Lilian thought of something to make the southern gentleman look like a nasty creep, but she couldn't find any reason. Meanwhile, Cora was smirking like a maniac.

"I knew you'd finally come out of those book-fantasies one day." She said, "Really, Lilian, this is what they call a crush." The waitress quickly did a round of orders and delivering of dinner, whilst Lilian was confounded.

The woman wasn't right in her mind. Lilian did not, nor would she ever, have a crush on Jasper Hale. They'd barely talked and besides, he was a liar and a fraud. Telling everyone a fake story about a fake family. Lilian huffed out loud.

The Cullens weren't normal. They were too perfect to be real, yet her gut gave her the feeling that she should run and hide as soon as they were in the same classroom. They were dangerous, and Lilian had that sinking feeling that was never wrong before. The Cullens weren't normal, in fact, they might just be that kind of people who use plastic surgery on age fourteen – would explain a lot about Rosalie's perfect figure and their perfect skin.

Lilian scowled at the idea. No, Carlisle Cullen worked at the hospital, by the side of her mother. He wouldn't do that.

Lilian ate her fries and her steak quietly, scrolling through her phone and checking her agenda. School was over and there was nothing for her here, her birthday was in three weeks, August 27, but she knew that Collin wouldn't give a shit and spent it with his friends, like every year. Lilian would spend her birthday on the graveyard in Detroit, like she'd done multiple years. She asked her father to book her a ticket for a week, but he hadn't sent her any messages that it was arranged.

"So, back to you, Lilian, what are you going to do this break? Digging in some old archives of the police? Solving a crime in the shadows?" Cora suggested conspiratorially.

Lilian snorted and looked at the waitress, putting her dining utensil down and shoving her empty plate forward, as sign that she was done eating. Lilian laid two bills of ten dollar on the counter and smirked.

"I'm going to do absolutely nothing and wait how long this small town can take care of its own, without my help." She stated, rising from her seat. Lilian walked out of The Diner and stepped into her black Audi R8. She took out a GPS-system and settled it. "Let's have some fun." She said to the thin air, racing away at high speed.