Chapter 37

Kazuto's POV
6th of October 2025

I sit in my office reading some documents. Eugeo stands beside me, reading a book. "How was the exam today?" We both look up from our readings and see Alice walking in.

"Hey, Al. It was easy if I say so myself." I answer before going back to the document I'm reading.

"First time you called me that again, Kazuto." She remarks. To my disappointment, she puts another file of document I need to read. "Asuna is having a study group in the library. Why are you here?"

"You just put the reason on my table," I deadpan.

"I'm sorry, Kazuto."

"Nah, it's not your fault," I remark.

Eugeo puts the book he's reading before he picks up the files and put them on the other side of the table. "Well, tomorrow is your day off. So, let's finish this." He says.

"Tomorrow is my day off from this office, but I'm still busy..."

KNOCK KNOCK

"Come in."

"Ojamashimasu." I look up and see Liz walk in with Asuna and Silica.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask while closing the report I'm reading.

"To hand you guys these," Liz answers as she raises notebooks. She puts the notebooks in front of me.

Eugeo takes one of them. "Oh! Is it a summary for tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yup! Asuna-san said you're busy with all the works, so we decided to make a summary for you two." Silica says.

"Wow! Thanks!"

9 pm
Eugeo's POV

"Kazu, rest," I say as I open the door and see him still sitting on the chair. "You haven't left that spot since this afternoon."

"After this, I'll rest." He replies still reading the documents.

His table is messy, there are documents, school's books, and the country's books. "You do all this together?" I ask him before I tidy his table up.

"Yeah... Just finished studying for tomorrow..." He replies not even raising his eyes. "You go ahead and rest first, Eugeo."

"No, I'll help you," I say before I fold up my sleeves.

"Thanks." He whispers.

Next day

I open my eyes and get up from my bed. "You're already up? You went back quite late yesterday." Alice says as I see her sitting on the chair brushing her hair.

"Yeah... I was helping Kazu to do his work." I reply while stretching my arms over my head.

"Well, go ahead and take a bath, then." She says before I do as she told me to.

I take a quick bath and walk out of the room. To my surprise, I see Asuna. "Eh? Why are you here, Asuna?" I ask when I see her sitting on the bed.

"Do you know where Kazuto-kun is? He didn't come back last night."

"What? He walked back with me last night." I reply. "I'll go check his office, you stay here." I walk out of the room and run to his office.

When I open the door, I see him sleeping on his table still on his PJs. I let out a sigh of relief and disappointment. "He came here again...?" I mutter as I close the door quietly and walk towards him. "Kazu..." I call while patting his back. "Wake up, sleepyhead."