Chapter 25

Kirito's POV

We arrive at the castle forty five minutes before the meeting begins. So, without wasting any more time, we go to our rooms to change our clothes. When I open the door, I can see a note on the table.

Your Highness,

These are yours and Lady Asuna's clothes for the meeting.

Fudo-san

I put the note back to the table and see two clothes hang by the window. "It seems you're not going to wear an extravagant dress again, Asuna," I say as I take her clothes.

"Really?" She walks towards me as I show her the dress. "Wow, it's like vintage clothes."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I chuckle while giving the dress to her.

"Looks so formal." She glances at my clothes. "And matching with yours."

"Yeah, you're right about that," I say as I take mine. "You go on change in the bathroom," I tell her. She nods her head.

Once I finish changing my clothes, I can hear a knock from the door. "Kaz, you decent?" I hear Eugeo's voice.

"You can come in," I say before he opens the door. He already changes his clothes.

"You won't believe what Alice just said to me."

"What? Is it bad?"

"Yeah, for us. But, it's good for her." I tilt my head at his answer. "She just tricked me."

"Not surprised," I remark while I'm folding my school's blazer. "What is it about then?"

"She's putting up a game. If this meeting includes your marriage, she wins. But, if it's about the ascending throne, we win."

"Wait, we?"

"Like I said, bad for us. Anyway, if it is both, she wins."

"Not fair. How come? ... Wait, she tricked in that part, didn't she?"

"Yup."

"You really have to be careful around her," I mutter. I look over his shoulder and see Asuna walks out from the bathroom. She can wear any dress in this world and still look beautiful.

"Hey, beautiful." I tease her.

"Stop it." She says while her cheek getting red.

"Well, let's go, then," Eugeo says before he leaves the room. I take Asuna hand before we follow him.

"Anyway, back to the topic. What's the catch if she wins?" I ask Eugeo.

"We swipe our uniforms."

"Nooo." I groan. "Sometimes, I wonder whether your fiancee is a human or a snake."

"Trust me, I wonder about that too." He chuckles.

When we reach the throne room, we can see all the councils have arrived. Mom sits on her throne while Sugu sits beside it.

 Mom sits on her throne while Sugu sits beside it