Chapter 5

Kirito's POV

"Prince Kazuto, it's time to wake up." I open my eyes drowsily. The first thing I see is Fudo-san standing beside my bed. "You forgot to meet your father yesterday."

"Ah, right... Sorry, Fudo-san. I guess I was too tired yesterday..."

"I can see that, my prince. You haven't even changed your clothes." He remarks with an amused smile.

I look down on my body and sees I'm still on my tux. I get up from the bed and go to the bathroom.

"It's almost time for your morning exercise, my prince." Fudo-san informs.

"Yeah... I'm coming..." I mutter in between my yawn. I change my attire into my training outfit. Once I'm done, I walk out of the bathroom and grabs my sword that is hanging on the wall by the bed.

 "So, you finally going to take Night Sky with you?"

"Yeah, I miss carrying it," I reply while we walk out of my room and go to the training field.

Once we reach the field, I can see the castle's knights and also their leader in the grass. The leader turns around and bows his head in greeting. "Good morning, Your Highness. Shall we begin with a small duel?" My trainer, Mr. Takase, says.

"Yeah, let's start," I reply with a smile.

This is the first time I hold a sword after SAO.

Normal's POV

Kirito and Takase get into their position. Both draw their swords and position it on the front.

Fudo act as the referee, stand between the two swordsmen. " 3... 2... 1... Begin!"

Just as he finishes the countdown, the two charges in at the same time. Swords bind to each other. Both trying to overpower the other.

"You're still strong as ever, Your Highness." Takase remarks.

"This is still warm up."

Knowing none is giving up, the two jumps back. Kirito position himself as when he was in SAO. Seeing the stance, Takase can feel a sweat drop on his cheek.

His aura changes. Takase thought.

Kirito exhales his breath slowly before he charges in with a speed that makes everyone in the field gasp in surprise. He charges at his trainer without giving the older man a rest. Takase, who is still surprised at the fast attack, can only defend himself.

When Takase decides to counter the attack, Kirito dodges it. He then strikes his sword on to the taller man's neck, but before it touches it, he stops.

"The winner is, Prince Kazuto!" Fudo-san exclaims.

Kirito smirks before pulling back his sword and put it back to its sheath.

"That was an amazing fight, my Prince. Who would've thought you still have the skill?" Takase remarks as he puts his sword on its sheath too.

Fudo approaches the Prince and gives the young boy a bottle of water and a hand towel. Kirito wipes all his sweat from his face.

"That was a splendid fight, Kazuto." A new voice says.

"Y-Your Majesty!" Takase and Fudo immediately bow.

"You're excused, Takase, Fudo." The two men leave the area without question.

"You were watching?" Kirito asks his father.

"Yes, I was just about to go to your room when I saw you here."

Kirito pour his head with the water to cool himself "Sorry I didn't see you last night. I fell asleep."