Chapter 28

Kirito's POV

"M-Mom?!"

"You have explaining to do, young man!"

"R-Right... I'll explain everything when I get back. Right now, I'm in the hospital."

"Eh?! Why? Are you hurt?"

"No, no, no, my friend got shot. I just want to make sure she's okay. Once I see her condition, I'll go home."

"Promise?"

"I promise, Mom."

"Right, I'll be waiting for you in my room." She says before I hang up the call.

I put my phone back to my pocket. "Ah, right... Liz." I call her.

"What is it, Kirito?"

"I'm sorry about your jacket, it got dirty."

She laughs, "What are you talking about, Kirito? It's fine~" She says while waving her hand. "It's yours now, anyway."

"Your Highness, we moved your friend to the room, this way." A nurse informs.

"Oh, right. Thank you." We all follow her to where Silica is.

When we reach the room, we walk in. "She's resting now. We already called her parents." The nurse says before she leaves.

I walk to the chair near the window as the girls walk to the bed. Eugeo just stands beside me. "Silica-chan." I hear Asuna says. "Kazuto-kun, she's awake." She continues. I stand in front of the bed as I see Silica's eyes start to open slowly.

"Silica... How are you feeling?" Liz asks. Silica moves her eyeballs to look around.

"A little bit sore." She says weakly.

"Your parent is on their way here," Asuna says while patting Silica's head.

"Mhm." Silica hums. She then looks at me. "You saved me again, Kirito-san." She says.

"I was late," I remark while clenching my fists. "If I were faster, you wouldn't be in the hospital."

"But, you came..." She counters. "If you hadn't, I don't know what would happen to me... So, thank you for saving me..." She gives me a soft smile. I return the expression.

I look at the clock, 2 pm huh... "I have something urgent in the castle. So, I'm going ahead." I tell them. "Get well soon, Silica," I add.

"I'll stay here for a while," Eugeo says. I nod at him before leaving the room.

Eugeo's POV

When Kazu leaves the room, I sit on the armchair by the window. "Why are you not going with him, Eugeo?" Liz asks.

"Hm? Well, Asuna's still here." I answer.

"I see~, the Princess has to be protected," Liz teases with a smirk on her face.

"Shut up, Liz," Asuna says as she glares at Liz. I just stay quiet, not wanting to be involved in girls' conversation. I just grab a magazine and start reading it. "But, it's okay, Eugeo. You can go back to the castle."

"No way, Princess. If I go back without knowing how you go home, Kazu will kill me." I say without looking at her. "I can drop you off if you want you to go back to your house."

"Thank you... But, I'm not going home. Alice said it would be great if I already stay in the castle." My sweat starts to drop when Asuna mentions her name.

Damn it, Liz and Silica don't know about Alice.

"Alice? Who's she?" Liz asks.

I just stay quiet. "Oh, it's someone who helps me back in the castle." Asuna answers.