chapter nine.

LAUREN'S POV

What?

A few months.

He can't be serious. A short business trip is reasonable, but a few months? I don't even know what to say.

"...A few months?" I finally manage to say.,

He nods his head. "Yes, I have to go to Seattle to help with a book publishing. You know that the process is lengthy, babe."

I look at him with wide eyes. "But...how long? Till you come home?"

He scoots closer next to me, taking my hand in his. I let out a deep sigh and look down at my lap.

"I don't know," he finally whispers. "Whenever it's done."

"You can't leave for that long. What am I going to do?"

He looked down at his lap and let out a deep sigh. "I don't know."
———

I stand in the driveway with a small jacket on. It was a little chilly out, which I liked. This was my favorite kind of weather.

Leo threw his suitcase into the back of the limo. His grey suit fit his body nicely, and I found myself admiring his body as he stood there. His hair was blowing in the wind as he shut the trunk. I always thought he was so handsome.

The kids were at school. They all had to say goodbye this morning before the bus came. We didn't have the heart to tell them that he was going to be gone for awhile.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt Leo grab my shoulder. I looked up to see him smiling down at me, giving me the smile that I always loved to see.

"You okay?"

I didn't hesitate to throw my arms around him. He was caught off guard for sure, but after a few seconds he wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me against him.

"You act like I'm going off to war, babe," he joked. "I'll be back before you know it."

"I'm just going to miss you so much."

"I'll miss you more sweetheart."

I looked up to see that he was already looking down at me. Did he really have to go? I don't know if I can do a couple months without him.

"I have to go now, don't wanna be late to the airport," he whispered softly and leaned in to kiss me. The kiss was passionate; I felt as if I was the young girl that fell in love with this broken boy all over again, and the butterflies in my stomach would not stop.

Before I knew it, he pulled away from me. A tear escaped from my eye and Leo gave me a sad look. He reached his hand up to my face, slowly wiping away the tear.

"I love you. So much."

I wrapped my arms around him once more, just embracing this moment. "I love you."

———

short chapter but i just wanted to give you guys something since i've been gone for so long! of course i will be updating more. and don't worry, there will be drama coming soon. hehe.