chapter three.

LEO'S POV

I decided to drop the kids off at my mom's house and give Lauren and I the night to ourselves and surprise Lauren as well. We surely needed it.

I heard the door to the garage open and the jingle of Lauren's keys as she put them on the key hook. She came into the kitchen looking tired as ever. Wesley barked and ran up to her as soon as he saw her.

"Hey," she smiled and bent down to pet the happy dog. "Where are the kids?"

I stood up and walked over to her, "I dropped them off at my mom's for the night."

"What? Why?"

I let out a laugh, "because we need a night to ourselves, babe. And I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise?"

I nodded and grabbed her hand, which was much smaller than mine. She was surely confused at this point, but that made me even more excited.

"Close your eyes," I told her.

I lead her to the family room, where her surprise was anxiously waiting. Lauren was all over the place and I loved to see her so excited.

I told her to open her eyes and once she did, she let out a scream and ran over to the little kitten that was sitting in the middle of the family room. Lauren always talked about how she wanted a cat. I remember her once telling me that every year she always put on her Christmas list that she wanted a kitten, but never got one.

Now that our kids are older and we have more time since they're in school, I figured why not get her one. Anything to make my wife happy.

"Leo! A kitten?" She cried as she looked up at me as she held the little grey kitten in her arms. "Oh my god, I'm going to cry. I love you so much. Thank you!"

I let out a laugh at her words, "you're welcome sweetheart. What would you like to name her?"

She scrunched her eyebrows as she thought about it. This would probably be a tough decision.

"Hm. What about Kitty?"

"Kitty? Babe, the kitten is a kitty."

"Isn't it cute though? It's like naming a dog...dog, or naming your hamster Hamster! Please? I love that."

"Alright," I sighed. "Anything for you I guess."

She gave me a sharp look, but I could tell she was joking with me. I loved seeing her so happy. Seeing her and my kids happy was all I ever needed in life.

"How about we open a bottle of wine and watch as many episodes of Friends as we can in one night?" I suggested.

"You read my mind, babe."

———

Hello everyone!

I hope you all have a great Christmas! This a short chapter, but the next one will be longer and more and more people and plots will begin to be introduced.

If I don't get to update before New Years, I hope you all have a great new year! Here's to 2018!!!