Chapter 18 Mission

Magsimula sa umpisa

As I drank my wine, a very familiar scent suddenly entered my nose.

I nearly dropped my glass in shock. I slammed the glass on the table and spun my head around.

And how I wish I didn't.

M-mate. Kyra said.

It can't be. It just can't Kyra.

I-i-

Fuck.

I got up, thanked the bartender and quickly headed to the ladies' restroom.

Ok, Imma just stay here.

I waited as they finally announced the auction was about to start. Boy that was the longest and most death-defying 30 minutes of my life.

At the gates of the auction, I took a deep breath. Just then, a man approached me. His face looks red, so I'm guessing he's drunk.

"Hey there cutie. What are doing at such a high class business? Here with your father or husband?" He attempted to kiss my hand.

"If you already thought of "husband", why are you still hitting on me? Much less "father"." I smiled, retreating my hand back.

He gave me a creepy and annoyed look before leaving me alone.

I rolled my eyes and gagged.

"Anna, isn't that guy on your left the mate you always speak about?" Dylan suddenly spoke.

"D-dylan-!"

"What? He's attracting."

Right, I forgot. Dylan is gay.

"Back down Dylan."

"Why? You still love him?" He teased.

"J-just, s-stick to your tech things!"

"Right, Ms Werewolf." He chuckled.

I looked at my left to see Mate talking to a girl. He seems to be chatting really well, and she was just laughing away. Her eyes were sparkling...

I folded my arms and stared at him, studying his features once again. He must've caught me staring and looked up at me. I gave me a slight nod of greeting before looking away and entering the room.

As soon as i walked in, I slapped myself so hard.

Goddamnit Anna!

He is out of your life ever since you left him!

Don't fall for him again, don't even look at him!

And finally, the auction started to begin.

Mission in progress starts...now.

Everyone took their seat and I searched for Harper.

"Second row in front." Dylan said as if he read my mind.

"Thanks Dylan. Check out for security guards. "

"Copy."

I went and sat down beside him. I crossed one of my leg over.

"Welcome everyone to the black auction. We have pretty good items today so please enjoy. The first item. One of Lala-land's finest diamond. This diamond is also one of the rarest diamond in the world. The silver has been extinct and this is the last of its kind. It can cut through anything and projects bright light. This diamond is one of a kind. There's no other of it in the world. We will start the bidding at 3 million dollars." The person said.