70 - Time

Wherein Lisa travel back to the past

***

Lisa smiled as she smells the lilies on her hands. She knows that Jennie's gonna love it. 

Lisa stopped at her way when she saw Chaeyoung and Jisoo were staring at her way and smiled at her. Lisa returned their smile at them.

"You're here early, though you couldn't make it," Lisa said. "She would be happy" Lisa added before greeting them a kiss on their cheeks.

"We wouldn't miss Jennie's birthday," Jisoo said and pointed the cake on the box at the ground.

"And we wouldn't let you celebrate it alone," Chaeyoung said and gets the lilies on her hand and placed it besides Jennie's grave.

All the three of them sat on the ground and faced Jennie's grave. "She'll be happy if she's here" Lisa formed a sad smile on her lips.

Lisa removed the dust on the grave of Jennie and traces the inscription on her name.

Jisoo and Chaeyoung felt the sadness of Lisa and they started patting her shoulder.

"I could've saved her. I could've been there to save her" Lisa said and a tear escaped her eyes. "I should be in her place, you know"

"Nothing's your fault, Lisa," Jisoo said and caress her back. "It was no one's fault" Jisoo added but it didn't help.

After 5 years of Jennie's death, Lisa always blamed herself on the incident. Because on the day that Jennie chooses to save Lisa instead of saving herself.

"No, it's my fault. It's my fault why she's gone now" Lisa said and starts to break down. Lisa clenched her fist and biting her lips hard. "I could've saved her" Lisa cried hard.  And Chaeyoung and Jisoo can only comfort her with the pain that she's always holding.

After Lisa's breakdown, Chaeyoung lit the candle on Jennie's cake and placed it in front of Lisa. "Do the honour and make a wish?" Chaeyoung said and smiled at Lisa. Lisa smiled back at Chaeyoung and gather her breath.

Lisa closed her eyes and felt her heart pounding hard. 'Let me save Jennie' Lisa wished on her mind before blowing the candle on Jennie's cake.

The moment the candlelight was blown, Lisa closed her eyes with the bright light that she saw.

Lisa slowly opened her eyes and closed the ringing alarm clock on her bed table. She massages her head because of a headache she felt. "What happened?" She asked herself because the only thing she remembers was that she was with Jisoo and Chaeyoung.

Lisa looked at the mirror on her room. She stops and stares at her reflection. Her hair change, it was back to orange, her hair colour 5 years ago. And she has her braces again like 5 years ago.

"Am I..." Lisa pause and looked at the calendar on the wall. "2013?" She read the year on the calendar.

She paused for a moment realizing she's back in the past. Lisa noticed three lines on her wrist. She tried removing it but she failed.

She was startled when her phone ring, she looked at the caller ID. "Jennie" Lisa read the caller ID and quickly answer it.

"Where are you, Lisa?" Jennie angrily asked. Lisa bit her lips holding back her tears. She missed her voice.

"At my house" Lisa simply said and the tears that she's been holding back.  "Where are you?" She asked.

"Silly, I'm at the train station. Have you forgotten our date?" Jennie said while giggling. "Come here quick okay? I love you" Jennie said before hanging up on Lisa.