Chapter 3

Megan's POV

"You think I'm cute?"

My eyes widen and my heart is racing. 

Shit. Shit. Shit. This is NOT happening right now. NO NO NO NO.

I turn around slowly and look at him, giving him an awkward wave and a fake smile. I see him sitting at the edge of his window, looking at me with a smirk.

"Um- No."

"But you just said-" he starts. "Yeah. So what if I do?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Then I would maybe ask you on a date," he says still smirking. "A date?" I scoff.

"Ya," he says while smiling. "We literally just met," I say, starting to close my window. "So that's a no?" He asks. "That's a no. Good night!" I say quickly.

"Night beautiful," he says before I shut my window. It's annoying how that comment made my stomach twist into knots... in a good way.

I try to do the rest of my homework, but I still couldn't stop thinking about what just happened. Why did I say no?

~~~~~

I wake up the next morning feeling like shit...again. As you can see, this is the usual for me.

I look at the clock and it's 6:45 A.M. I get out of bed, go to the bathroom, and blast The Vamps   album.

I brush my teeth and pick out my outfit: a white tube top, high wasted shorts, a grey zip up hoodie, and my usual AF1s. I brush my hair and put it half up half down.

I go downstairs and see Nash waiting for me. "Hey. You ready?" he asks. "Yep lets go."

We leave my house and get into his car. 

"So what's with you and the new guy, Shawn?" He asks, glancing over at me then keeping his eyes on the road. "Nothing. Why are you asking?" I skeptically ask. "Sarah was telling me," he says casually. "You're kidding right?" I ask, hoping he was.

"No. She said she was telling people that you and Shawn were a thing."

"She's dead." I say.

I can't believe she would do that. She's my best friend. I only told her that I thought he was cute. Why would she think that it was okay to tell people that we were a thing?

We get to school and I thank Nash. I storm out of his car, not waiting for Nash behind me, and I storm up to Sarah in the hallway.

"Hey how's-" I cut her off and yank her by her arm to pull he into the janitors closet.

"Ow! What the fuck?" she says.

"Why the hell do you keep telling people that Shawn and I are a thing?"

"Cause you said you liked him duh."

"Oh my god Sarah. I didn't say I liked him. I said I thought he was cute. Those are two very different things. UGH." I say and stomp out if the closet.

I skip class and just sit by myself outside on the area that looks over the football field.

"You okay?" I hear. I look up and it's Shawn.

"Yea just frustrated. Sarah tells everyone everything and she's just being kind of annoying." I say.

"Oh I'm sorry." He frowns. "Um, can I ask you something?" he asks. "Yea."

"Do you actually like me?" he says. I sit there frozen. I can't formulate any words to come out of my mouth.

"I- Sur- I just-" I stutter. "Like I don't know you well enough dude. I only told her that you were cute and stuff. I mean I can see- " I get cut off.