Chapter 2

Megan's POV

Of course this happens. He legit lives right next door. We're like actually neighbors. I cannot handle—

"Hey, I'm Shawn," he says with a smile, but after a little bit, he finally realizes who I am.

"So, Mr. Mendes and I are going to dinner. We'll be back around ten or eleven. Thank you so much for babysitting Aaliyah," Mrs. Mendes says.

"No problem. Have fun!" I say as they go out the door. As soon as she closes the door, Aaliyah pulls me upstairs to lay with her, not giving me time to think that I'm actually in the same house as that new kid.

I guess Aaliyah's definition of playing is just us playing on our phones, which I don't mind at all.

"Are you hungry?" I ask. "A little."

"Do you like muffins?" I ask. "Yes. I love them so much!!!" she says. "Lucky for you, I know how to bake amazing chocolate muffins."

We walk downstairs, but I hear something. It's someone singing. It sounds like an actual angel singing. I don't know what the hell that song is, but whoever was singing made me knees wEAK.

We reach the bottom stairs, and I turn to Aaliyah. "Who was that singing?" I ask Aaliyah. "Shawn. He makes some covers for YouTube and stuff like that sometimes," she says.

"Oh," is all I say. I start baking the chocolate muffins, and Aaliyah goes to the living room to watch TV.

I put my phone on shuffle and Love Yourself by Justin Bieber starts playing. I sing along as I mix the ingredients in the bowl.

I pre-heat the oven and continue mixing. I put it in the oven and it starts to bake.

I go on my phone and text Sarah.

To Sarah: guess who's house I'm at

From Sarah: whos?

To Sarah: Shawn Mendes. The new guy 😒😒

From Sarah: Seriously? Getting some, huh? ;)

To Sarah: babysitting his little sister who is the total opposite of Shawn.

From Sarah: My phone is gonna die, but I NEED to hear about this later. bye ily😘

All I Ever Need by Austin Mahone comes on and I start to sing to it while I scroll through my feed on Instagram.

You're all I ever need
Baby you're amazing
You're my angel come and save me
You're all I ever need
Baby you're ama-

The oven goes off, and I get the muffins out of the oven.

Shawn comes into the kitchen, and I immediately stop singing.

"ARE YOU BAKING MUFFINS?!" he says with pure excitement.

"Um yes.." I say, cocking my head to the side. He runs to the plate, takes three, shoves one into his mouth. "So you sing?" he says with his mouth full of muffin. "What are you talking about?" I ask. "I heard you from upstairs. Not too shabby."

"What's it to ya?" I ask with some unnecessary sass. "Just wondering," he says with a smirk and goes to sit next to Aaliyah in the living room.

I bring the plate to the living room and sit next to Aaliyah. Shawn sits on the other side of her.

"I'm gonna go get my phone in my room upstairs. I'll be right back," she says, taking a muffin with her.

She gets up and leaves me and Shawn sitting in the living room, watching SpongeBob.