When he gets over to the bar, Louis goes over to where the door is. Noah sees him and walks over and shakes his head. "Again? Are you guys like fucking or something?"

"What?" Louis says as he walks through the now opened door.

"Are you guys secretly fucking? Is that why you keep going in his office?" Noah explains while filling a cup for a customer.

"No! What?? No. No, we're just friends...not even, we're just...acquaintances," Louis rushes out. Is that what people think? Is Noah the only one? Hopefully he is.

"Kay well whatever's happening is really weird."

"Huh?"

"Harry. I've worked here since it opened and I knew Harry before that. We weren't close or anything but we had mutual friends so I saw him a lot," Noah explains. "He's always been cold. He's never ever been a people person. He hated it when we went out. I don't know why he even came."

"What does that have to do with me, though?" Louis asks. He was halfway to Harry's office but the conversation grabbed his attention. Why is everyone saying that his and Harry's relationship is so different. They act like Harry is this horrible monster or something. Cold. That's the word they all constantly use.

"Because he's different around you. It's obvious."

"When do you ever see us?"

Noah shrugs. "That time when you were talking at the bar. I saw him that night that guy was touching you. The way he looked at you, and at that guy, like he would've literally  killed him if he could've."

"I still don't understand why it's such a big deal. He seems like a nice guy. He's quiet and no, he's definitely not a people person but he's not cold."

"He doesn't care about anyone. All he cares about is money. Work, work, work, that's his mindset. I catch him coming out of his office more often."

"So? Maybe he just needs fresh air or to use the bathrooms."

"He only comes out on the nights you're here, Louis. He cares about you. I don't know how much, but he definitely does."

Louis thinks to himself for a few moments. He wavers between his emotions, his mind is so fuzzy right now. He just doesn't understand what they're saying. Bebe and Noah both tell him the same thing and Louis just doesn't see the big deal. So they talk a little? What's so crazy about that?

"I don't know Noah, Harry and I have talked a few times yeah, but we're not best friends and we're definitely not on fucking level quite yet."

"Quite yet?"

Louis turns and starts to walk away but can still be heard. "Oh trust me, I'd love to fuck Harry."

"Meaning that's your goal?"

Louis just shrugs and knocks on Harry's door. Of course his goal isn't to fuck Harry. Louis' always been the type to only want to fuck people he actually has feelings for.

What he said is true, he'd love to, he thinks hypothetically just about anyone would but if that was his goal, that wouldn't be right. His goal is to befriend Harry. Whatever happens after that is up to the universe.

The door opens and Harry looks out. His eyes cast down to the much shorter Louis who's looking up at him with a small smile. Louis notices that Harry looks very tired, his eyes are droopy and his hair is a little disheveled.

"Again?" Harry says. He's not annoyed and Louis just takes it as sarcasm which it probably was.

"Again. Sorry, I know, I'm annoying but hey, it could be worse."

Harry opens the door and let's Louis in, "Yeah? Don't know about that. You're pretty awful."

Louis playfully rolls his eyes, "Shut up. I think you like me, you just don't want to admit it."

Louis expects Harry to say another smart comeback but what he doesn't expect is for Harry to literally turn into a different person. His eyes go even more dull than they were before and his shoulders tense. He furrows his eyebrows and runs a hand through his hair creating even more of a mess.

"What did you want?" Harry says losing his light hearted attitude in a heartbeat. He doesn't sound mean but Louis can definitely hear and see a difference. Did he say something wrong? Maybe Harry really doesn't like him.

"Yeah um," Louis says hesitantly and quietly, looking down at his hands that are held in front of his body, "I just wanted to say thanks for helping me. I know I said it that night but I just wanted you to know I mean it. I don't know what would've happened if you didn't come. Nothing good, that's for sure."

Louis observes Harry, he sees his shoulders relax a bit and he thinks that maybe he sees Harry's eyes flicker back to their normal bright green. He thinks he sees Harry let whatever wall he had up down for a second but then just as quick as he let it down he puts it right back up.

"Yeah, you're welcome."

"Right well," Louis looks back at the door, "that's all."

"Okay."

Louis stands in his place for a second before he turns and walks out of the office. Noah tried to stop him to talk but Louis lies and says he has to dance.

What was that? Harry's been a little antisocial around Louis but never like that. He wasn't mean but it was so obvious that he didn't want Louis to be there. It wasn't a nice feeling. It felt like Harry was telling him to leave without actually saying it. Almost like when you really don't want to be around your younger siblings but your mum forces you to so the whole time you're trying to be nice but it's obvious you're annoyed, that's what it felt like. It felt like Louis was the younger sibling.

It's probably no big deal. It's late and Harry was probably doing work or something. Louis just doesn't understand why Harry changes so quickly. Yeah, he seemed tired at first but he didn't seem annoyed. If anything he was the opposite. He was joking with Louis and then just like that, his whole demeanor changed.

The reason why Louis is so hung up on it is because it was right after Louis said Harry likes him. It was just a joke, well kind of, he did really think that Harry liked him. Not as anything more than a friend but he definitely didn't think he annoyed Harry.

It's whatever, though. It probably really was just a bad night for him. Louis has days like that too but he never switches so quick the way Harry did. He's not going to dwell on it. If he annoys Harry then at some point Harry will say something. Until then, he's going to keep trying. He's so determined to have Harry in his life. No, he still can't explain why but he does know that he wants it.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

A/N: What's your zodiac sign (and moon and rising if you know it) and do you think it's an accurate description of your personality? My sun sign is Taurus and my moon and rising are both Pisces and I definitely have the majority of the traits for both.